Why does hair always look so spoony

Arthur walked through the hallway quite annoyed. Because of the whole king lestrade fiasco, they had to go on a 7 day ride back to his kingdom to apologize to stop a war, granted it would be a sad and puny war, but a war no less. Merlin however couldn't seem to find even the smallest sliver of guilt at his actions, instead he seemed to relish in them. Going so far as to boast when he thought Arthur wasn't around. Childish.

"Woah mate, fighter are you" Arthur rolled his eyes and rounded the corner, standing in the doorway with his arms crossed.

"Well it was more of a red rat snake constrictor defense, I may be smaller and weaker but I could squeeze him to his deer eating demise" oh god he still hasn't let that go, Arthur had to go to the kitchens and ban deer from being made. The chief chased him away with a chicken leg but they haven't made any deer yet so the message was made.

"Merlin" Arthur crosses his arms as he crossed the corner.

"Yes Arthy" Merlin smiled at him, running over to leap into his arms. Arthur laughed and hugged him as well. Sir vintel looked quite awkward while the maid loveisa cooed and gave Merlin a flower.

"So adorable, ah sire how you managed to pick this one up still surprises me"

"I'm quite literally the king of Camelot"

"This is merlin we're talking about sire" Arthur laughed and nodded, a fond smile.

"It certainly is" Merlin grabbed Arthur's hand and pulled him along, who knows where.

𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚠𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚎 𝚒𝚏 𝚒 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔⌫

"You cannot come merlin" Arthur rolled his eyes and packed his bag.

"Why not?" Merlin pouted. Arthur turned around and sent him a clearly exasperated and disbelieving glance.

"Need I remind you that you actually attacked him. Quite frankly I'm surprised I managed to keep you out of the dungeons for a week at the very least" Merlin frowned and flopped down on Arthur's bed.

"Oh come on I love it when we ride out in the Forrest! Please!" Arthur waved his finger in merlins face.

"No, I know I often say yes but this time no! And I mean it! Besides this can be some time for you, Gwen, and Morgana to hang out. I'll only be gone a couple days" Merlin groaned and banged his head on the wall.

"Fiiiinnnnneeeeee" he dragged out as long as he could possibly muster. Dragging his feet on the floor along with him. Coming up behind Arthur for a hug.

"Just don't be a second longer then you must" he said, his voice slightly muffled by Arthur's golden kissed hair. Arthur laughed, a broad smile on his face.

"Have you heard his talk on worms? The mans obsessed! I'll be breaking straight through the door" Merlin laughed and hugged Arthur a bit tighter. Almost afraid to send him off, truth be told they haven't been separated since Merlin got taken. He was glad he had Morgana and Gwen for support.

𝚈𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚞𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚜⌫

"Oh goodbye Arthur!" Gwen spoke, a caring arm around Merlin. "Don't worry, we will take care of this little rascal" Merlin promptly scowled but was ignored by Morgana approving laugher.

"Yes don't let him harbor any more animals" morgana laughed as a snake came out of merlins leg on cue. He blushed a bright dark red and ushered the snake back in.