Wheres merlin again? Oh right the tavern

Merlin sat down on the large staircases of Camelot, weaving a basket for Gwen. Arthur came down in his pratly red cape and had the audacity to snort at him.

"Merlin your such a girl" he laughed, while Merlin frowned.

"I thought I was a girl?" Arthur blinked at him.

"No merlin your male" he said slowly as Merlin frowned.

"But according to this book I'm female" Merlin pulled a book out of his coat while Arthur snatched it.

"Who gave you this?"

"Gwaine" Arthur groaned then pat merlins head.

"Don't you worry merlin we will sort this out" Merlin Watched Arthur leave, then laughed going back to his weaving.

"That will teach Gwaine and Arthur to make fun of my stew" he muttered to himself. Getting lost in the weave.

𝚂𝚞𝚖𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚢 𝚘𝚏 𝚜𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗 𝟻: 𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚕𝚒𝚗 𝚗𝚘-⌫

Arthur read over the paper given to him multiple times. Anonymously sent by "-m, flame of emrys" whatever that had meant. Arthur read over it 7 times before he realized he wasn't going to get a answer from it. Sighing he placed the paper on his table. Right  as Merlin came in.

"Hey dollophead!" He called out happily. Arthur frowned at him, the corner of his lips slightly turned up.

"Stop calling me that"

"So what are you doing sir prat." Merlin sat down next to him and leaned back. Then frowned at the paper.

"Who's Mordred?" Arthur's head snapped up.

"Who?" Merlin rolled his eyes.

"The name on this paper Arthur" Arthur's eyes widened.

"There's no name on that paper?" Merlin frowned

"Sure there is!" He turned the paper around, and pointed to a blank page. "Right here"

Arthur blinked and looked up "I see nothing" Merlin squinted at it.

"Maybe only intelligent people can see it" Arthur gasped at him.

"Or maybe only idiots" Merlin smiled at him then put the paper aside. Making Arthur frowned, for he wished to talk about it longer.

"Anyway, I wanted to ask you something" Arthur nodded at him and raised a eyebrow, taking a sip of water. Merlin turned his head. "Are we courting/engaged or something?" Arthur spit out his water all over his desk and looked at Merlin.

"No!" He shouted incredulously.

"Oh ok thanks!" Merlin smiled and walked out like nothing had happened. Arthur gaped.

"Unbelievable" he shook his head and went back to work.

𝚆𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗 𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚕𝚎⌫

"Hey merlin!" Gwaine ran up to merlin. He smiled back.

"Hey Gwaine." Gwaine got a excited look over his face.

"I had some questions about magic" Merlin nodded.

"Shoot away!" Gwaine cleared his throat.