The knights just shouldnt go outside in genral anymore

Merlin bounced up and down as he gathered supplies for Arthur. He insisted on holding Arthur's things. Why was beyond Arthur. On there way to the horse people shot them looks. Ones that didn't particularly make Arthur feel better.

"Stay close to me" the dark glint in each persons eyes setting off radars in his brain. Something was off. They didn't however notice the figure set off into the night.

Arriving at the stables arthur noticed the utter adoration Merlin had towards the horses. The horses responded well in return. Melting into his soft touch. Leaning into it almost. When Arthur went near a horse it looked at him as if expecting a apple, but with Merlin it seemed the horses were willing to take a arrow for him. They would travel to the ends of the earth. Trust lined all over there eyes. Merlin looked back at Arthur and titled his head.

"What?"

"They trust you."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Not only do they trust you but they see you as a friend"

"I don't get it" Arthur looked at him a second more. Did he really not know what I'm talking about? Sighing, he got on his horse. The knights came shortly after and soon they were off. Farther and farther they went into the Forrest.

"Oh!" Arthur turned around to see Merlin pulling something out of his bag. "I made you guys something!" Arthur frowned as flower crowns were pulled out of his bag.

"That's really not necessary-"

"No no I insist!" Merlin handed flower crowns to everyone with a big smile. Of course gwaine, Leon, Percival and Elyan put theirs on without a single hesitation. Some of the knights whom haven't meet Merlin yet looked extremely confused. Merlin then turned to Arthur and smiled.

"I saved the best one for you!" Arthur frowned but quickly hid it with a smile. (Which may have looked a little more like a grimace). Gwaine chuckled while Leon looked full ready to burst laughing. Merlin pulled out a rainbow flower crown with the most exotic and random flowers Arthur had seen. A rocks aligned the twigs holding it together. Grabbing it Arthur put it on. Merlin burst into a wide smile. Quickly putting one on himself he nonchalantly continued walking. The other knights with them all seemed EXTREMELY uncomfortable. Red blushing faces filled them.

Riding they approached a strong patch of fog. Weight gathering in his stomachs like rocks. Something was wrong. And Arthur had no clue what. He put his hands up and everyone stopped (excluding Merlin who had to get some help from gwaine.)

"Stick together! Merlin your with me" riding a bit ahead Merlin came next to Arthur. Close as the horses would allow them they started riding through the fog at a slow trot. As they got deeper the fog got thicker, and it became harder to see. Soon Arthur couldn't see his own hands.

"Merlin?"

"Yeah?"

"Just making sure your there"

"I would never leave you Arthur" if it weren't for the creepy fog and what Arthur was 99% sure was a spider crawling up his back, that would of been a extremely cute and romantic moment. Despite this it still brought a smile to Arthurs face.

"What's that?" Merlin called, Arthur squinted (like narrowing his eyesight would help) but still couldn't see anything but fog.

"What do you see?"

"I don't see anything Arthur I felt something"

"Like a twig"

"No arthur I mean- turn around"