Merlin is like a bottle of fabreeze. *flirty wink*

Merlin peacefully walked along the shops, recently he had learned that you can't just take something and Tell them that you'll get back to them later. It was "illegal" and ended up with Arthur having to break Merlin out of jail. It kept happening so often that the guards had gotten on a first name basis with him and he even had his own personal cell pillow. Now Arthur demands someone goes with him. It was merlins fault that the apples were sitting there, he thought they were free. So here he was sneaking out of the castle to get some alone time out in the shops.

"Merlin?" Merlin turned around to see Morgana.

"Oh hello Morgana!" Morgana smiled and him and came next to him.

"I thought you weren't allowed to go out here alone" Merlin scoffed.

"And miss a chance to get arrested! No thank you, besides today's dicey day and I'm not going to miss jelleps epic fail." Morgana laughed and smacked his arm.

"You better not get arrested again, do you know how worked up it gets Arthur?" Merlin rolled his eyes.

"I'm sorry I had to get the royal pratness out of his throne room" morgana laughed at him and walked along with him.

It was 2 hours later when Arthur stormed the place looking for Merlin.

"Of course he went out alone! I swear he's doing this on purpose now" Merlin tapped on Arthur's shoulder, making Arthur jump into the air like a cat.

"Did I scare you?" Merlin asked. Arthur rolled his eyes.

"Where have you been!" He breathes out of breath. Merlin looked at him confused.

"Well where am I now?"

"It's only been a month after you left the Forest and you already have picked up sarcasm" Merlin tilted his head and grabbed his dictionary. Arthur went wide eyed at it.

"I thought you learned all the words in there?" Merlin rolled his eyes.

"You want me to memorize like 1000 pages of just words?" He didn't look up from flipping the pages.

"Well I just thought that you were picking stuff up from being in Camelot"

"Like how to get kidnapped?"

"That was not my fault!" Merlin looked up at Arthur.

"If you weren't such a clotpole-" Arthur raises his eyebrows.

"Did you just call me a clotpole?" Merlin scratched his neck.

"Er- no" Arthur continued to look at merlin.

"You just called me a clotpole!" Merlin crossed his arms.

"Well you were being one!" Arthur let in a small gasp. Morgana put a hand over her mouth holding in her laughter.

"I am not a clotpole!" He pouted, making Merlin laugh.

"Whatever you say you overgrown prat" Merlin looked back down at his dictionary.

"Here it is, sarcasm" Merlin cleared his throat.

"sar·casm
Noun
the use of irony to mock or convey contempt" Merlin stared at it frowning.

"When am I being sarcastic" he tilted his head.

"When are you not?" Merlin laughed and lightly hugged Arthur.

"Clotpole" he said against his chainmail.

"Idiot" Arthur laughed. Merlin then ran off Into the Forest without another word. Making Arthur sigh.