Chapter 9

Lady Gisela walked forward towards Sophie and Keefe but the others stayed back. Sophie guessed that they were supposed to be camouflaged and that they didn't know that the illusion had broken.

"You're early," Gisela remarked, scoffing at Sophie. "Must be needing my help again," she said with a twisted smile on her face.

"I only need your help because of what you did to Keefe," Sophie told her. 

She needed to find a way to get the other members of the Neverseen near Dex's gadget, and quick. Maybe she could get Sandor, Ro and Biana to take them out, but they would need to get a little desperate for Gisela's help. "Biana, I need you, Ro, and Sandor to try and capture the other Neverseen, while I take care of Gisela." Out of the corner of her eye she saw Biana nod her head.

"I'm willing to help you Sophie, I have an idea that might help Keefe, but then I want something too," Gisela continued to say.

"And what is that?" Sophie asked.

"I want Tam back. I'm sure he's off hiding over there," she responded.

Sophie glanced behind her and saw Dex hiding in the shadows. She gave him a nod and he hit the button on his small remote. It instantly caused the camouflaged gadget to create a large bubble around Lady Gisela.

"Ahhhh, so this isn't about helping Keefe. You wanted to finally catch me. Too bad, I thought we were making a good compromise," she grinned.

"Actually, I'm fine," Keefe smirked, while levitating out of Sophie's arms and back onto the ground.

Behind Gisela, Sandor used a large bat to conk out Ruy. Gethen and someone who Sophie believed to be Trix realized what had happened and began to fight back using their abilities.

"What a surprise!" Lady Gisela said sarcastically, "Honestly, you thought we didn't come prepared for something like this?"

"We did, that's why your containment bubble doesn't let you use any other gadgets and it doesn't let you light leap either," Dex said as he came out of the shadows.

Lady Gisela clearly seemed annoyed by this, but she didn't let that stop her. "I still have Gethen and Trix, oh yeah, I also have an entire Dwarf army at the ready. Here's my new deal with you, let us get away or you deal with the rebel Dwarfs."