Chapter 3: The Bargain

John shared a quick look with Madison before picking up the frying pan cautiously walking over to the tied up man.

The man struggled blinking in confusion groaning softly "ow...fuck what...what is this?? Hair?!"

"There's no point struggling, do anything we don't like and we won't hesitate to throw you out of the tower. Now. Tell us who you are and why you're here" John stood in front of him, voice unwavering. The sun came in through a hatch on the ceiling, casting John in a warm golden glow leaving the man a little speechless as their eyes locked on each other.

Slowly a soft playful smirk grew on his face "well I think the answer is simple, I must have died and come to heaven cause I think I'm seeing an angel."

John raised an unamused eyebrow "...is that...really the best you can do? Or do you actually want me to throw you out the window?"

Madison snorted lightly coming up standing next to John, "maybe you hit him too hard"

"Oh come on! That one is a classic! How about um...History's not the only one with its eyes on you?" The man tried a seductive grin.

John and Madison shared an unamused look, the man sighed looking down "jeez, today is not my day."

Madison walked up closer looking at the man a little intimidating "no it's not, but I do believe he asked you a question."

The man looked back at Madison not really intimidated and shrugged nonchalantly "Lin Miranda, what's with the hair? Think you hit a new level of growing it out-Hey! Opf!" John had suddenly yanked his hair making the chair topple forward making Lin's head smoosh into the floor.

"Is that why you're here? To kidnap me? Cut my hair? Do you think I would give it to the likes of someone like you??" John said almost angrily but it just made Lin more confused "Seriously? The only thing I want to do with your hair is get out of it! Look, I was being chased, saw this tower, figured it was abandoned, and climbed it! Let me out of it and I'll be on my merry way!"

John thought about it for a moment before grinning at Madison "so...you're not here for my hair, then maybe you won't mind helping me with something" Madison held up the bag and Lin's eyes grew wide and gasped in sarcastic surprise. "Oh no! You have my bag! Whatever will I do" he struggled in the hair thinking it would be an easy escape, after a few minutes he gave up in a huff. "Fine, what do you want? Me to give you a haircut, pretty boy? How about a bob? Or better yet, just shave you bald."

John rolled his eyes, smiling, setting his chair back upright "no nothing like that, I just need a guide, someone to take me out to see the nearest town and bring me back here safely, and only then will you get your bag and it's content back."

Lin snorted shaking his head "no can do princess, I'm not exactly friends with the nearby town and besides, it's the anniversary of the lost princes' birthday when they let out the golden turtles which always bring a ton of people."

John froze, his eyes growing wide "golden...what?"

Madison bit his lip knowing there was going back now "golden turtles...you can't see them from here, but you wouldn't necessarily have to go into town, you can stand on the shore and watch them from afar?"

John turned his attention back to Madison "YOU KNEW OF THIS AND NEVER TOLD ME?! You know turtles are my favorite animal! Whatever" He turned back to Lin "Alright, new deal, take me to see these turtles and bring me back safely, and then you can have your bag."

For a while, Lin looked between John and Madison then let out a groan "Fiiiiiiine, I'll take you to see the golden turtles and then we come right back here with you all safe and sound, and then you'll give me my bag?"

John nodded "you have my word"

Lin raised a questionable eyebrow

"When I give my word, I mean it, I've never gone back on a promise," John said firmly, Madison nodding behind him in agreement.

Lin couldn't help but give a small smirk, "alright then, you have your guide, Princess John"

John beamed with excitement practically jumping accidentally yanking his hair causing the chair to fall over with a thud and Lin groaned in slight pain.

"Sorry"