Chapter 13: The End

Madison crying was the only movement left in the tower, for him, the world seemed to turn grey, like all the sunshine in the world was gone. John's hopes, his dreams, his first and only true love, his life that was maybe finally able to begin, all of it was gone.

Until suddenly a golden glow filled the room, Madison looked over in shock to see both Alex and John's bodies glowing. It was like their glow was replacing the sun and slowly it was the world was regaining color.

And then they both gasped taking a breath.

They were back!

John looked down at his wound that was no longer there and beamed happily at Madison and turned to Alex, tearing up happily. "John?" Alex opened his eyes smiling softly putting a hand on his cheek "did you know I have a thing for brunettes?" John broke into a giggle pressing into his hand and leaned down kissing him with so much love and passion which Alex returned, holding John close. John was alive, so was his Alex, and now their lives could truly move forward. The three of them walked out of the tower and back to the Kingdom. Burr met them partway, he explained that after Alexander's escape Burr told the King and Queen everything and was waiting to see if John was really their missing son.

They were waiting on a balcony overlooking the Kingdom and in the distance, the forest they came from. The world that they came from, and it all came down to now to see where their lives would go. Alex took hold of John's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Burr and Madison by their side for extra support. John gave them a small smile but it was easy to tell he was anxious. Literally a few hours ago he was dead after finding out his whole life had been one huge lie and he was under control to basically a psychopath.

John tensed up when he heard the large doors behind them open. He turned to see a man and woman walk out to him. The Queen looked more like John, long brown curly hair, green eyes, warm light tanned skin, and freckles. The King had light gray blond hair and weathered blue eyes. They both look like they endured years of torture, grieving for years. John looked at them feeling his breath get caught in his throat, what should he say? What could he even say in this moment? He was interrupted by his thoughts when a soft warm hand pressed against his cheek. He looked up meeting The Queen's warm green eyes searched in his. After a moment she teared up, an unspoken assessment that made it clear to all those on the balcony that John has returned home. John finally cried, fully understanding and letting out all the hurt, all that he missed and now finally having what he's been denied for so long. Unconditional parental love, he hugged The Queen tightly, they ended up slipping to the floor on their knees being so overwhelming. The King came over and joined them hugging them close.

After a few minutes, they stood back up and John looked at them. "I...I understand that...that I am your son but I...I need to know that...that I can be your son and love the person I love..." he reached over and took hold of Alex's hand bringing him over "without him I wouldn't be here today, I probably wouldn't even be alive...this whole world is completely new to me...and I want Alex to be by my side...and if not then...then I won't stay." Alex looked between them unsure, not wanting to be the reason they stay apart. The Queen shook her head "We already have a pardon in place, Mr. Hamilton, we would love you to be a part of our family and be with our son, even if that means your life taking place elsewhere we will always love and support you both."

John beamed happily and hugged Alex, able to have all he's ever dreamed of and more.

Well, as you could imagine what happened next, the kingdom rejoiced for the lost Princess has returned. The party lasted an entire week, and honestly, I don't remember much of it. Dreams came true all over the place. Hercules went on to be the worlds most famous designer in the world. And Lafayette was there right by his side and planning their wedding for next spring. As for everyone else, we assume are happy. Thanks to Burr, crime in the Kingdom disappeared almost overnight. Madison, he never changed and continues to help in the palace by John's side.

At last, John was home and finally had a real family. He was a Prince worth waiting for. But above all he led the Kingdom with all the strength and wisdom that his parents did before him. And as for me, well, I started going by Alexander again. Stopped thieving, picked up on writing, a lot.

But I know the biggest question is, did John and I ever get married?

Well, I'm pleased to tell you that after years and years of asking and asking, I finally said yes.

"Alexander"

All right, I asked him. And we are living happily ever after.

~THE END~

Author's Note: Thank you to all you lovely readers I had so much fun writing this! If you have any suggestions for further stories like this with with other characters and couples please let me know by leaving a comment!