Chapter 5

"Gomen!" I apologize coming to the ground to see my hit go out of bounds.

The score was 15-7 with us in the lead but I was still messing up a few of my hits due to not warming up properly.

Staring at the other team I notice them snicker at my bad spike and barely hear them say 'why did they even start her if she wasn't warmed up?'

I let our a big sigh to their words putting my face in my hands as I rub my eyes trying to focus.

"Tweet!" Sounds in the gym and I turn to see that we called a time out.

Jogging over to the team who were huddled up I grab my water bottle taking a quick swig. I then hear my phone buzz from my bag and curiously grab it to see who it was.

Text From: Iwaizumi
Group Chat: Iwaizumi and Milk Bread Boy

How's the game going Naka-Chan?

Staring at the text a frown comes to my face not knowing on what to say.

ME: It's going alright. We're winning but I didn't get a chance to properly warm up so I haven't been doing so well. Pretty stressed right now :(

I look up from my phone to see Ito giving me a nasty look bringing shivers throughout my body.

I then hear a ding on my phone and look down to see a reply from Oikawa.

Milk Bread Boy: Aww Naka-Chan it'll sooner or later get better.

I was hoping for some words of encouragement but Oikawa only made it worse making me even more antsy. As I was about to put my phone back in my bag another 'ding' sounds on my phone.

Looking down at the text already defeated I suddenly feel a burst of energy as I read the message over and over again.

Text From: Iwaizumi

Don't be stressed there are 6 people on the court there to support you so just take a deep breath and you'll be fine.

My heart begins to swell as I read the motivating message from Iwaizumi as another message pops up from him.

Also don't listen to Shittykawa, like I said he's a crappy guy.

At this I begin to laugh as Oikawa instantly replies with the iconic "Iwa-chann."

A whistle then blares in the gym as the girls jog back on the court getting ready to receive the ball.

'Just take a deep breath Ren'

Jogging back to the court I do as told and wander my eyes around the court to see everyone giving a thumbs up bringing a smile to my face.

--

"Sato-Chan!" Sakura calls out as she receives the ball.

Taking it as my cue I begin to run up to the right side of the net as both Ito and I call for the ball. I watch as Hina tosses it in my direction and I hit the ball at full force with my left hand. The ball slams down on the court before their captain Yui could receive it bringing a big smile to my face.

"Nice kill Naka-Chan!" I hear my teammates cheer as they high five me for finally getting back in my groove. I smile at them in response as I move to the back court to serve.

I couldn't help but hear Ito mutter 'finally' as she was sending an annoyed look my way before looking to the other side. But her look didn't scare me this time because of the words Iwaizumi had said that stuck to my mind.