Chapter 13- pt.1

"So who's the huge first year?" I ask Kai eyeing the tall grey haired boy who was staring back at me.

"That's Lev Haiba, he came from Russia and has apparently never played volleyball till now."

"Huh interesting," I mumble suddenly feeling the urge to go up and talk to him. He was staring at me after all.

"Hi I'm Ren Nakamura!" I exclaim giving a wide smile.

His eyes widen at my sudden enthusiasm his face heating up. "You're very pretty and short."

"Hehh?" I squint my eyes in confusion.

Do I take that as a compliment or....

"Pfft Naka-Chan, Lev just called you short," Kuroo snorts laughing at the blunt first year.

"Oi Lev, respect your elders!" Yaku scolds Lev as he hits Kuroo in the process.

His eyes widen in realization and bows forcefully. "G-gomen! I didn't know I said that out loud!"

"O-oh it's alright!" I laugh off trying to ease the tension.

Lev slowly comes up from his bow, pink tinted on his cheek. "G-gomen for saying that you were short! Anyone I see smaller than me I instantly say that."

"No, Naka-Chan is just that short," Kuroo teases ruffling my hair like a child.

"Hey! I'm literally 170! That's not that short! I'm taller than Kenma!"

"Hey don't include me in this," Kenma groans.

"Can we all just admit that Yaku is small?" Lev interjects.

"Yes," We all call out, the libero looking at everyone in shock.

"Guysss!"

"Everyone stop making of fun of others and go practice!" Coach Nekomata shouts at the boys.

—-
"Ughh Lev why are you so tall!" I whine getting blocked for the third time in a row.

"Hehe!" He smiles widely looking down at me.

"You're just that bad Naka-Chan," Kuroo nonchalantly says a grin plastered on his face.

"Oh shut it Kuroo. I've spiked through your blocks ninety nine percent of the time."

"Woww someone's getting angry," The third year hums getting me even more irritated.

"You know he's just making her more angry," Lev whispers to Kenma.

"This is what he always does with her to get her to play harder and better," The second year sighs looking at his two friends.

"First one to get through two of Lev's blocks first wins," I walk up to Kuroo confidently.

"Sure Princess."

"You're on bedhead."

"Alright I'll go first," I tell him as I stand on the left side on the court Lev standing on the other side of the net.

Kageyama and Suga decided to take turns setting along with Kenma once the Karasuno boys heard of the challenge.

"Go Naka-Chan!" Tanaka and Noya both cheer pumping their fists in the air.

I give them a big thumbs up before getting in stance.

"You ready?" Kageyama asks to which I nod.

I begin to walk up to the net swinging my arms back as I rocket myself off the ground.

Jumping up the ball comes perfectly in view eyeing the spot I wanted to hit.