Chapter 23- Prelims Mini Arc

A/N: May or may not include fluff... enjoy :)

I inhale a big breath of the cold air as I open the hotel doors jogging down a block.

More tears were already brimming in my eyes as I tried to stop myself from breaking down again.

You can't let her get the best of you Ren.

I take a few deep breaths before glancing around the dimly lit streets where only a few people were around.

Right as I was about to grab my phone from my pocket to check the time it suddenly rings as someone was calling me.

Not looking at the contact name I answer the call, slowly bringing it to my ear.

"H-hello?" I stutter not realizing that I was shaking from the cold air that was causing goosebumps to form on my arms.

This was also due to only wearing a short sleeve shirt.

"Ren? Are you alright?!" A voice speaks on the other end, traces of worry in it. The voice was one that I knew immediately.

"I-iwaizumi-Chan?" I mumble quietly my body slightly shaking as a big gust of cold air.

"Ren where are you?" He continues his voice getting louder.

Did he just call me Ren?

"Oh uh I'm just outside my hotel down the street infront of a clothing store," I finally respond quietly as I look around my surroundings.

"You're outisde all alone at 1am!" Iwaizumi scolds me muttering under his breath.

"Maybe..."

"You know, it's really nice to hear your voice. It helps me calm down," I sigh a faint smile on my lips. "I honestly wish you were here with me because to be honest with you I don't think I can go back to sleep right now."

The other end of the call stays silent as Iwaizumi doesn't reply.

"Gomen! I made it weird, didn't I?" I let out an awkward laugh till I hear the noise of cars on his end.

"Are you really not wearing a jacket. Baka," He mutters and I instantly turn around on my heels to see the black haired boy a few feet away from me.

He hangs up the phone putting it in his sweatpants pocket as he walks towards me studying my face intently.

I knew for a fact that my eyes were puffy, dried up tears on my cheek and my face pale from the cold.

All of a sudden Iwaizumi pulls me into a hug his warm body in contact with my cold one.

I instinctively return the hug wrapping my arms around him as I place my head on his chest.

"I thought you needed a hug," His warm breath whispers in my ear sending shivers down my body.

A few tears slip as he gently rubs circles on my back. "Y-you walked from your hotel at 1 in the morning to give me a hug?"

He hums in response to which I pull him a bit closer loving the warmth that the boy was giving me.

The noise of cars driving down the street and a few pedestrians talking fill the air as the two of us enjoy the hug in silence.

"I just want to drink an extra large chocolate milkshake and walk around town all night," I sigh jokingly.

"Then let's do it."

I pull out from the hug my eyes widening at Iwaizumi.

"Huhh?!"