Chapter 11- Drunkawa

A/N: I'm lowkey proud of this title...

-

'I can't leave him alone when he's in a state like that' I thought to myself as I kept my gaze to anywhere but the boy beside me.

"I—alright I'll be there soon," I finally speak up  letting out a short sigh before hanging up the phone.

Turning my head to lock eyes with Iwaizumi he notices my worried expression a confused one on his own.

"I have to go Hajime."

"Wait what happened?" His eyebrows furrow up slightly as I grab my jacket from my side.

"Mattsun said that my boss needs me to be at the store immediately," Was the first thought that came to mind as I send the boy a small smile.

But he only eyes me in response as if he hadn't completely believed in my words trying to decipher if I had been telling the truth.

Iwaizumi had been doing that quite a lot recently. Ever since training camp the boy almost had a thought that I was hiding something from him only making me feel more guilty.

Ignoring his longing gaze I zip up my jacket only to hear the noise of keys jingling to look to see him reaching for his car keys. "Do you want me to drop you o—"

"No no it's alright it's really close anyways," I'm quick to shut him down. "Thank you so much for this Hajime I'm really grateful and had lots of fun. I'll text you later," I give him a quick kiss on the cheek before rushing down the pathway we first came from.

I hated lying to him but I couldn't just tell him the truth.

I couldn't do that to Oikawa.

After 10 minutes trying to find my way around the streets of downtown Miyaagi I spot Matsukawa holding a clearly drunk Oikawa who's eyes were puffy his skin pale.

It was quite noticeable that he had been crying from the faint sight of dried up tears on his cheeks.

"Oikawa," I mumble as I jog towards the two the setters eyes perking up at my voice.

"Thank god you're finally here," Mattsun sighs as he picks up Oikawa with him. "I'm sorry to cut your dat—"

"Yeah yeah it's alright," I cut him off as I didn't  want him to mention the word date in front of the brown haired boy.

"Okay now I have to go to work so could you take him to your house or something?"

"Yeah I can," I let out a sigh grabbing the barely awake boy in my grasp his weight shifting onto me.

"Have fun," Mattsun smiles to which I only glare at him response as he begins to take his leave. "Oh and also we have to talk later about what Oikawa told me," He says my eyes widening at his words as he furthers his distance from us.

"Naka-Chan," I could faintly hear come out of Oikawa's mouth. "Is that y-you?"

"Yes it is now lets go to my house as it's pretty close by and I don't want your parents seeing you blackout drunk."

With that I attempt to drag the drunk Oikawa (drunkawa haha get... yeah I know I'm not funny) in the direction of my house.

I couldn't help but feel pity as I saw the boy in this sort of state.

Oikawa hadn't been himself lately and it was certainly because of all the feelings he had been bottling up.

The setter wasn't usually one to hold in feelings but he had done so recently as he barely spoke to a single person.