Chapter 11

"Hey Iwaizumi, do you know how to answer number 5?" I ask staring down at my paper.

Silence.

I look up to see him writing on his own paper an emotionless expression on his face.

Maybe he didn't hear me?

"No"

Well I guess he did.

Ever since he and Oikawa came over last night he's been giving me the cold shoulder barely speaking a word to me.

It's not like I did anything wrong, I think?

"I got it sweetheart," Oikawa speaks up leaning towards me as he explains the answer.

I could feel his breath on my neck as he spoke which got my face to heat up in embarrassment from how close we were.

"Ahh okay thanks Oikawa," I smile as trying to keep my composure.

"No problem Naka-Chan," He leans back in his chair a smirk on his face as if he accomplished something.

I watch as he glances in Iwaizumi's direction his smirk growing even wider before closing his eyes.

Curious, I look to the boy on my left to see him now glaring at his paper gripping onto his pencil a bit tighter than usual.

Weird.

"Hi Naka-San!" I hear someone exclaim as I walk into the gym and look to see Yahaba giving me a small wave a smile on his face.

"Hi Yahaba-Kun!" I smile back walking towards Yahaba, Matsukawa and Watari.

"So you excited to get crushed today Naka?"Matsukawa grins spinning a volleyball in his hand.

"You wish Mattsun," I scoff glaring at the third year.

Matsukawa and I both work at the same sports shop that I got a job at the week I came here and we have become pretty good friends.

Turns out he's not that intimidating once you get to know him. But can be very annoying and rude.

"Pretty confident huh? Don't go crying once we win then," He teases causing my blood to boil.

"Listen you little bi—"

"Well no matter what happens everyone will do great," Watari cuts me off smiling at the both of us to ease the tension.

"Aww yes Watari-Kun your right!" I grin turning around as I walk towards the girls. "But it won't stop me from kicking your asses!"

I grin at the shocked boys from my use of vocabulary and turn around only to see a ball flying towards me. "Ahh!"

Barely dodging the ball my eyes are met with an angry Hina.

"Hinaa, what was that for!"

She furiously stomps towards me grabbing the collar of my shirt as she drags me towards the other girls. "Do not say words like that to your peers ever again!"

Snickers come from behind and I turn around to see Yahaba and Matsukawa trying to hold in their laughter. Whereas Watari was sending me a sympathetic smile.

My face heats up in embarrassment as I turn my head back to Hina. "Gomen captain," I mumble.

Our team was first to warmup so we began with serves to which, to which I got an evil yet amazing idea.

I eye the spot I was aiming to hit on the other side of the court and grin as he had his back facing me.

Taking a deep breath I toss the ball in the air hitting it in the pinpointed direction at full force.