Chapter 7

"Ohh Naka-Chan!" A familiar voice exclaims jogging up to me as I walk towards the cafeteria.

I turn around to see Oikawa giving me a bright smile Iwaizumi trailing behind him.

"What's up?" I ask looking at both boys.

"Well we were wondering if you would like to sit with us and the rest of the team for lunch. Since today is our practice match against Karasuno we may aswell talk a bit about the match since you'll be helping out," Oikawa says.

"Oh alright then let's go," I smile at the setter as he leads the way to the cafeteria.

"Naka-San!" Yahaba exclaims causing all the boys to look in his direction.

"Hi Yahaba-Kun!" I smile back sitting in between Oikawa and Iwaizumi setting my lunch down on the table.

We begin to have small talk about classes and what to know about Karasuno.

"So are you excited for the match?" I ask the boys as they munch on their food.

"I am! But it's sad that I won't be there for majority of the game," Oikawa sighs looking down at his legs.

"Oh why is that?" I ask curiously plopping my elbows on the table placing my chin in my hands.

Oikawa looks in my direction a cheeky grin on his face. "Ahh I have an appointment about my knee,"

"Injury?"

"Yup! I don't know how the team is going to do without me though. I am amazing after all," The brown haired setter praises himself.

Kindaichi lets out a scoff looking at the happy boy. "You tell yourself that," He mumbles snarkly.

"Aww Kindaichi-Chan your so sweet," Oikawa swoons hugging the irritated boy.

Did he not listen to what he said?

"Get off me you idiot," The first year grunts trying to push him off but that only makes Oikawa tighten his hug.

"I know you lovee m—ahh!" Oikawa yelps falling to the ground.

I laugh as the recently happy setter now has a scowl on his face as he stares at his teammate. "Hmph Kindaichi-Chan you're too mean,"

Getting up from the floor a pouty Oikawa scoots himself back in between Iwaizumi and I as he swiftly steals my sandwich taking a big bite out of it.

"Oikawa! You piece of sh- " I get stopped as he puts a finger to my lips.

"No one wants to here the end to that sentence sweetheart," Oikawa tsks taking another bite of my sandwich with his free hand.

Out of instinct I lick his finger causing him to look at me in disgust moving it away from my lips. "Eww Naka-Chan that's disgusting!"

Oikawa begins to wipe his finger rapidly trying to get the saliva off.

The table erupts in snickers watching the scene unfold.

"That's what you get for stealing my food," I pout now looking down at my empty lunch box.

"Naka-Chan,"

I look to my left to see Iwaizumi grab a plastic bag from his backpack that had a pork curry bun in it. "Here you can have it," He offers sliding it to my side.

I smile at the food then at him my face heating up. "Oh u-uh it's alright Iwaizumi! I can ju-"

"Naka-Chan just take it, I have another one anyways," He says holding another plastic bag in his hand. "You need the energy anyways if you have to deal with these dummies later."

I lightly chuckle at him obliging as I take the bag. "Thanks Iwaizumi-Chan,"

He gives a small smile back and nods in response as he focuses back to his food taking a bite out of his curry bun.

"Aww Iwa-Chan your so sweet!" Milk boy teases Iwaizumi nudging his shoulder.

"Shut up Trashywaka,"

I couldn't help but notice his face turn a light shade of red before disappearing as he takes another bite of his food.

Ring! Ring!

Grabbing my bag I jog out of class and towards the gym doors tying my hair into a ponytail in the process.

Opening the doors to the gym I am greeted with a ball flying directly my way.

This time I was prepared and bumped the ball back shakily due to the impact of the ball and not being prepared.

"Why does this always happen to me," I mumble looking up to see who served it.

"Gomen Naka-Senpai!" Kageyama apologizes looking nervously at a furious Daichi then at me.

"It's alright Kageyama-Kun!" I shout back giving a reassuring smile.

I look to Daichi who's eyes move from Kageyama to me his face softening. I give him a big thumbs up before walking over to my team.

"How do you know them?" Iwaizumi asks chugging his water bottle.

"Oh uh... long story," I sheepishly smile telling him it's a story for another time.

"Ahh okay," He nods in response going back on court to practice his serves.

"Nakamura could you go help the boys with receives," Coach asks to which I bow jogging towards them.

"Alright guys huddle up!"

They all nod in response as I get to work spiking the ball to each of them as they attempted to receive it.

After working on blocks and spikes they all take a quick water break as Karasuno practices.

As the boys are busy talking to coach I decide to walk up to Kiyoko who was looking back and forth between her notebook and her team as she wrote down notes.

"Ohayō Kiyoko-Chan!"

Kiyoko looks up from her notebook meeting my eyes a small smile on her face. "Ohayō Naka-Chan, what are you doing here, not to be rude or anything,"

"I'm helping the boys team out since their manager couldn't make it today," I happily reply.

She nods in response looking back at the Karasuno boys.

I look from her to them who were practicing their serves. "You know when I heard the name Karasuno the first thought that came to my mind was 'the fallen crows.' The team who went from the top to the dead bottom."

Looking back at Kiyoko she eyes her team intently an unknown emotion etched on her face. "But after playing with them, they seem different. I think they have a chance at going far this year," I smile to which Kiyoko looks my way.

"Yea I think so too," She reply's a small smile coming to her face.

"Alright let's get this game going!" The ref yells blowing the whistle.

"Well that's my cue," I begin to walk back before giving a small wave to Kiyoko.

"Ahh Nakamura, any advice for the boys?" Coach asks.

All the boys look at me as if they need some words of encouragement for missing one of their most important players. "You guys got this. I know Oikawa isn't here but someone once told me that their isn't just one person on the court that dominates. You've got an entire team to support you so don't stress."

I watch as the boys nod at my words some of their expressions softening. But my eyes wander to the ace who was staring at me.

He gives me the 'you used my line look' before he takes a deep breath.

"Oh also watch out for their #10!" I laugh looking at Hinata who looked like he was on the verge of puking.

Scrunching my face up at the timid first year Seijoh does their cheer as the starters walk onto the court.

—-
Hope you enjoyed this chapter! The next one is going to be very fun for me to write and you'll see why... :)

Stay tuned!