Chapter 14

"Ayo why we all crying again?"

The day of the internships comes, and so does the information about your family's whereabouts. You learn that they're currently living in Hosu City a.k.a Stain's area. You're uneasy, to say the least. And that feeling never went away even after boarding the train.

It is said that Hosu's crime rate has been dropping considerably after Stain's appearance. While it is true that there is less crime, many pro-heroes have either retired, or were murdered due to the Hero Killer: Stain. With the latest victim as the Turbo hero: Ingenium.

While you may not care about anything about all that, you were curious to know if he had already encountered Shigaraki. No doubt he'll want to recruit as many people as possible. Though, you don't think that they'll get along. At all.

Shigaraki is more of a man-baby, you guess? He's the kind of guy that wants everything done his way, while Stain preferred to do his own thing, reminding you of a lone wolf. Not once you thought about them being on the same page. While Shigaraki wants complete annihilation of the hero society, Stain only wants to dispose of those who are aiming for fame and money.

Regardless of your thoughts, you might be in for a surprise when you find out about their so-called 'alliance'.

And so you head towards Hosu, yearning to see the faces of your family once again.

---

"Rui, can you go get the mail for me? I'm kind of busy at the moment." The smooth voice of a male asks his son, who's playing in the living room. "Of course!" The child who was named as 'Rui' stands up from the sofa, chucking his phone on it.

Rui is the son of [L/n] [F/n], and the little brother of [L/n] [Y/n] who went missing 2 years ago. If he was being honest, he misses her. It didn't matter to him if she became a villain. All he wants to do is hug her again, just like old times.

Existing the framed door, he carries his tiny frame to the mailbox that's standing just outside the house. Carefully he takes the several envelopes and looks through it, only to reveal lots of junk mail. He shuffles them one by one to find no important mail, eliciting a sigh a from him. "I went all the way outside just to find it's all junk?" With another sigh he saunters back to the house, unaware of the pair eyes eyeing him with wide eyes.

---

"Hey, how long until we reach their house?"

"We're approximately 5 minutes away. So until then, just please wait."

Tsukauchi (?) answered for the cop, keeping his eyes on his book. You prop your chin on your palm, looking out the window like a main character, feeling bits of your anxiety resurface. What if they forgot about me? What if they don't even want to see me because I tainted their names? Oh, wait. It's already tainted the moment your father married your mother.

Tons of negative thoughts flood your mind, drowning you internally. You're not sure whether or not if it's a good idea to see them anymore, but you push those thoughts at the back of your head for now and focused on your family's wellbeing.

"Hey... Wait, is- is that?" You jump out of your seat when you see the familiar frame of your little brother. Sure, their backside looks a little different but you even seen him for two years you know that's him. His hair, skin, and the way he walks. It's too alike.

"Detective, is that house-"

"Yes, [Y/n]. We've finally reached our destination. The [L/n] household."

---

Meanwhile, inside the house, [F/n]'s in the kitchen making lunch when he hears the doorbell ring. Dropping the knife, he wipes his hands on his pants and makes his way to the door, shouting "I'm coming!" He passes by Rui, who's lazily swinging upside down the ceiling from the use of his quirk.

"Rui! I told you not to do that again! The last time you did that, you almost cut yourself with your own quirk!" He scolds his from below until he hears the doorbell ring again. He rush to the door and opens it with a 'bang' that startles the people on the other side.

"Oh my! I'm so sorry for not getting here sooner! I do apologize for that." He stands frozen when he sees an old face. She may look a little different now, but he's 100% sure it's her.

"[Y-Y/n]? Is that... Really you?"

[F/n] chokes back a whimper, not sure if this is just a dream. But he's confirmed when he hears your voice, the same voice he heard all his life.

"Hey, dad... I'm home." You greet him with the most genuine smile that shakes him to the core. The same smile you always wore before everything went down. You walk to him, opening your arms wide open for a hug. And a hug is what you get. A warm, nostalgic hug that brings you to tears. The kind of hug that only your family can give. The kind of hug that fills your heart with tenderness, and love.

The hug of a family member.