Chapter 17

"You can break my soul, punch me, kill me, tear me apart, hurt me, but don't you dare touch him!"

After that, everything went to shit. [Y/n] tried to usher Kiseki to safety but he wouldn't budge, claiming he won't go anywhere without her.

"Shit, shit, shit! Should I go find Tomura and leave with him, or stay with Kiseki?" Her hands gently but strongly clamped down on his arm, securing him in her hold.

She wondered thoughtfully but deep inside she already knew the answer. She's become far too attached to her adopted child to let him go.

"M-Mommy... I'm scared." He lowly whimpered with his hands over his ears, attempting to block out the chaotic noises around him when gentle hands pried his hands away.

"Hey, hey, it's ok," [Y/n]'s soft voice entered his mind, slowly easing his panicked thoughts. With a low hum, she swiftly picked Kiseki up and ran towards a random direction, hoping to god there was someone that could lead him to safety.

And luckily it seemed that luck was on her side because she found a police officer near a store, leading civilians to a safe area. As [Y/n] made her way to cop, she was stopped by a Nomu, who tried to crush her under its fists which she ungracefully evaded.

Both her and Kiseki tumbled with her whole body securely encircled around him to avoid any more injuries on his weak body. "Shi-I mean, shoot, Kise are you okay?" [Y/n] coughed in her hand, composing herself all the while gingerly lifting the boy up. "Yes... I feel a bit dizzy, though.." He brought a hand to his forehead while slightly stumbling left and right, provoking [Y/n]'s heart to burst.

'Oh, my God he's too innocent for this world! Gah! Now's not the time to fan over your adoptive son, [Y/n]!'

She scolded herself while avoiding another attack from the ugly beast- er, deformed human? Swiftly grabbing Kiseki off his feet, [Y/n] struggled to outrun the Nomu but, surprise surprise it's faster than her.

Formulating a plan while running around like a headless chicken while carrying Kiseki was not how she intended her night to go with him, but beggars can't be choosers.

"Out of the way, kid!"

An old man kicked the Nomu on its head, making it fly a few ten meters back before crashing into a store window. He landed on his feet and turned to me with a curious face. "You! What are you doing in a dangerous place carrying a child!? Go!" He tried shooing her away, which irked her enough to prevent her from taking a step.

"I WAS about to, but as you can see-" She gestured to the Nomu who was already up and screeching, "There's a motherfucking buff bird in our way!" They all dodged an attack from the creature with [Y/n] holding Kiseki tight and cozy in her arms. "Hang on, Kise. It's gonna be a bumpy ride." She mumbled loud enough for him to hear because 1: He's not even gonna let go even if she asks him, and 2: So he doesn't fall off and get stomped in the process coughbcuzsheloveshimtoomuch.

•••

Ending the Nomu's life was a lot harder than [Y/n] expected. Not gonna lie, her quirk was pretty much useless against that thing because he was made to absorb and nullify any kind of attack and quirks, sadly including hers. She made a mental note to talk to Shigaraki about it.

By the time they were finished, her body was littered in bruises and dried blood- not from hers, fortunately. She placed the trembling child down from her back and on the ground. Asking if he was feeling any nausea or dizziness, Kiseki replied with a confident "I'm fine, [Y/n]-Nee! For once, I'm honestly glad I'm blind since I didn't have to witness what happened. It was... Scary, to be honest." He twiddled his thumbs while his voice crumbled at the end.