Chapter 19

"Make amends and start anew again~"

"Dude shut up, like, you suck at singing."

It hurt, but it was nothing I couldn't handle.

That's what I wanted to say but, it actually does hurt like hell. Who knew emotional pain could hurt just as much as physical pain? Wait, scratch that. Emotional pain is a bitch in the heart, and physical pain is an asshole.

"Wow, that must be a scary thing to experience, you three! If I was in your place I would've pissed my pants." The guy with a lightning bolt in his hair said.

"Haha, yeah..." Deku nervously chuckled. Watching their interaction, I scoffed. I don't know if this fucker heard it but he turned around to face me with a guilt-ridden face.

"U-Um, so... [L/n]-Chan.." He stumbled over his words so much I almost wanted to laugh, but I didn't. Deciding to humor him a bit, I responded "What do you want, Deku? Why are you looking at me like you just killed my family?" Arching a brow, I soaked in his surprised face. I guess he didn't expect me to answer him.

"Erm, ah- are you okay?"

I froze, not expecting that question to be thrown at me. Narrowing my eyes, I silently warned him not to go any further than that, ultimately scaring the fuck out of him. "I'm fine, Izuku." It was the first time I said his name, and god did I feel like throwing up.

"O-Oh, I just thought because your-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." He squeaked in fear, apologizing frantically. Heh, if he and I were friends, we would've gotten along.

'Eh, I can't return to Tomura and Kiseki until that time, might as well entertain myself.'

"Ne~ Deku?" Startled by my sudden interaction, Deku flinched, sweat pouring from his face. "H-Hai!" His voice cracked, making me crack me. "Ahahah! What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? I was just gonna ask a simple question." I playfully stuck my tongue out in hopes of lightening him up.

•••

From afar, their classmates watched them interact, each of them having mixed emotions.

"Hey, is Midoriya gonna be fine?"

"What if she attacks him!?"

"Shh, dumbass! Unlike you, she's not an idiot that does things without thinking!"

"G-Guys, I think we shouldn't judge her that hard yet."

"Oh C'mon, Kirishima! You know she's a villain, don't you?"

Not so subtle hushed whispered bounced around the room until the class president spoke up. "Everybody, Kirishima's right! We shouldn't judge our classmate just because of her status! Besides," Iida's eyes softened, remembering the incident that occurred a few days ago. How she held that child with such care.

"...She can be nice sometimes, too."

•••

Lunchtime rolled around, and soon the class separated into their own groups to eat. And as always, [Y/n] was alone. Although she got used to being independent, it's certainly quite... Lonely. Standing up from her assigned seat, she roamed around the school hallway until she ended up in front of the cafeteria.

Looking around, she noticed almost every table was full and occupied. She could just seat with class 1-B but, they're getting boring. So [Y/n] settled with the next best decision: I'll just go sit with Deku.

With that objection in mind, she glanced around the area for the moss haired boy. When she spotted him sitting with knock-off sonic and Kirby, she happily skipped her way to them. "Yoo-hoo~ (Tobio-Chan) Deku!"

All three of them jumped in surprise, each of them having their own dumb face. "Why are y'all so surprised? I'm just here because I'm bored." She took a seat next to Midoriya and slung an arm around his shoulders in a playful manner. Iida and Uraraka were both wary of her presence but Iida was much calmer. "Why hello, [L/n]-San. Aren't you going to eat?" He took notice of the absence of food, internally applauding him for his kind gesture. Sighing, she turned to face him with the most blank face she could muster.

"I'm broke, Iida. But you see, I'm not regular broke. I'm high class broke, I am Broqué." [Y/n] did that 'just right' hand gesture meme at the end, further confusing Iida. "I see! But you still need to eat because if you don't, you won't have enough energy to go through the day!" She snorted.
"Iida, I don't have enough energy to even live." He gasped as if he was the one that got offended. "Don't say such things, [L/n]-San!"

Hey, maybe I could have some fun with this.

•••

Your lunch was spent teasing the shit out of those three and you actually had fun. Not that you'll admit it. So now here you are in your special class again, trying to solve a problem. This time, All Might was teaching you about morals and other stuff you didn't give a flying fuck about.

"YOUNG [L/N], ARE YOU EVEN LISTENING!" You jolted out of your nap. Geez, why does his sentences always have to end with an exclamation mark? Does he have an off button?
"I'm up, old man." You rest a palm on your cheek, staring at the No. 1 hero with an unreadable expression.

'I wonder what she's thinking? She looks like she's stressed about something..'

All Might thought, but really, you were just really worried because you just ran out of food yesterday and you don't have a penny to your name to buy anything. And it made you even more mad when you remembered the stolen cash you hid in your closet at Dabi's house. 'That little shit better not have taken anything or so All Might help me I will-'

A sudden cough brought you back to earth, making you realize you drifted off again. All Might stood tall in front of you, the shadows cast on his face were more prominent, effectively scaring the shit out of you. "You know, All Might,"

You started, drawing circles on your desk. "If you weren't so good, you'd actually make a terrifying villain. I mean, you already got the face and intimidating aura going on, now all we need is to fix that moral of yours!" Your eyes sparkled like a kid in a candy store. All Might awkwardly coughed into his large hand, averting his eyes from yours.

"I think I'll pass."

I don't like the ending but whatever T__T