Chapter 18

"For the love of God, please spare him."

What the fuck just happened?

That's how much [Y/n] denied the scene playing out in front of her. She stared horrified as Kiseki fell back with a 'thump', blood gushing out like a waterfall from his shoulder.

"NO!" In a flash, she went beside him and laid him on her lap. And that's when the trio took action. [Y/n] carefully attended to his wound, desperately trying to stop the blood from flowing. Her hands shook as she pressed a cloth on his right shoulder, the blood coated the whole fabric in mere seconds, prompting her panic more.

"M-Mommy... It hurts." Kiseki's whimpering broke [Y/n]'s heart, even more so when he called her 'mommy'. She gently shushed him with her finger, encouraging him to not fall asleep. "It's gonna be okay, alright? Y-You're gonna be fine, you hear me?" The way she said those words sounded like she was trying to convince herself more than him.

Suddenly, she sensed a surge of energy go through her, filling her quirk. Her eyes then soften, discovering who it came from. "You're scared..." [Y/n] caressed his cheek with her bloodied hand.

Kiseki held a pained expression, but it softened when he felt something wet fell on his face. He couldn't see it, but he had a feeling he knew what it was. Shakily, he put a hand on her cheek, wiping stray tears out of the way. "P-Please don't cry... I'm fine, mommy!" He gave her a forced smile that made her smile back.

Both drowned out the noises around them as [Y/n] continued to put pressure on the wound. Kiseki let out a painful cry but it soon diminished when she kissed him on his forehead, whispering sweet nothings in his ear. [Y/n] freaked out when his eyelid began to drop. "Nee-Chan... I'm really sleepy... I.. I think I'll just take a quick nap." [Y/n] told him to fight the urge to sleep but it was hopeless. She felt something in her chest crack when Kiseki fully closed his eyes.

She hastily put an ear to chest to hear a faint heartbeat, slightly easing her mind. "K-Kiseki? Little miracle?" She lightly shook his body, only to see no response.

'Earlier, I felt something crack in me... What was that about?'

Too occupied with her thoughts and Kiseki, she failed to notice everything turned quiet, unaware that Stain was now unconscious.

"Todoroki-kun, should we help her?" Midoriya asked, his worried gaze trailing to the young child. From the looks of it, he could at least tell that that child was someone of importance to [Y/n], otherwise she wouldn't have reacted that way.

'Stain said that she was a legal guardian... Could that child be hers?' Midoriya wondered, a hand resting on his chin.

While Midoriya brainstormed about their relationship, Todoroki stared at them with an unknown glint in his eyes. 'She's just a villain. Why would she care for a child?' He didn't want to admit it, but there might be a possibility that [Y/n] could change sides. But that's just a possibility.

"Erm, [L/n]-San? May we ask who that child is? Is he going to be alright!?" Iida cast a worrier glance, inching closer to the child. His action made  [Y/n] protectively held Kiseki in her arms. "Don't. One step... and I'll kill you." She hissed, eyes gleaming a dangerous scarlet red. Iida then immediately took a step a step back when he saw a cloud of smoke appear from her, acting as a barrier between them.