Chapter 46: Unfriendly Competition

Vic visited the Mendez Mansion the next day. He was guided by one of the Mendez goons inside and walked straight down the hallway.

In the living room, Diego was sitting on the couch reading a book. He then looked up to find Vic entering the room to face him.

"Excuse me," Vic greeted.

Diego just ignored him and returned to face the words in the book he was reading. Vic stood there to face him. "Mr. Mendez," Vic told him lucidly, thinking he was greeting the taciturn Bolivian wrong.

Diego then turned to the left. "Armando!" he called for his brother. "Aqui! Tus Amigos!"

"Nice talking to you too, pal," Vic answered with a sigh. Diego seemed to have only known to speak Spanish and therefore couldn't comprehend what Vic was saying.

Vic then turned to see Armando enter the room. "Ah, my brother," he greeted Vic as he slowly approached his desk. "What a conversationalist. Only today we were discussing philosophy. He is a great fan of Plato, but I have always been more Aristotelian. I think perhaps that is why he is so happy, and I am so weighed down by worry. What do you think?"

"Me?" Vic asked. "Shit. The world is full of suffering, then you die."

"See!" Armando replied, taking a seat in his chair. "I knew we were of one mind, you and I, which is why I know you will feel this slight as much as me."

"Here we go... " Vic muttered silently.

"Some crooks have shown their contempt for us by using our home as an entryway for drugs into this fine nation," Armando continued.

"Like you?" Vic pointed out.

"Exactly!" Armando acknowledged, rising out of his seat. He began to pace the room slowly. "Plagiarism!" he exclaimed. "It is an insult! I hope you're wise enough to see that if you let a man insult you, before long he will try to kill you. You must kill these degenerates. You'll find them near Ocean Beach, as well as the Standing Vice Point Hotel."

So Vic exited the Mendez Mansion and went outside to hop inside his vehicle to drive onto the road. He still felt uncomfortable about building drug empires, but he knew he had no other choice. The Mendez brothers would have surely tried to feed the Vance brothers in the lions' den if they found out they had unwillingly stolen a truckload of their coke. So Vic had to save his own skin, and building drug and smuggling empires were the only way he and his gang were to make it out alive.

So without a complaint, Vic continued driving through Vice Point and made it to a suburban neighborhood in Ocean Beach, where a number of drug dealers were hanging around a house. One of them noticed Vic pulling up front.

"Who the hell is that guy?" he asked as he spotted Vic exiting the vehicle and walking towards the house.

Before he knew it, the other members of his shindig has taken out their weapons as well and fired back at Vic, who quickly ran around to dodged the bullets firing at him. Vic ducked behind some shrubs on the side of the houses and fired at each of the members, killing them all one by one.

After killing every member of the dealers, Vic walked back to his vehicle and started the engine. His next destination was over at the Standing Vice Point Hotel, where another dealer was hanging out, as Armando had informed him. He drove through Vice Point and finally made it to the Standing Vice Point Hotel.

Vic parked his vehicle up front and took his AK-47 with him as he hopped out. He casually walked through the hotel and made it to the swimming pool area. A number of prostitutes were lounging in their chairs around the pool, and Vic saw up ahead to find the drug dealer. He was an African-American man in a green pimp suit and green hat.

"This is a private party, pal," the dealer told him.

"Yeah?" Vic retorted. "Well, this is a public execution."

He aimed his weapon at the now-apprehensive pimp, who looked around for help. "Holy shit!" he cried out. "Get him, girls!"

He then turned to leave, and Vic looked around to see that the prostitutes were now armed with weapons of their own. Vic was unexpectedly outnumbered.

"Motherfucker," he uttered.

He quickly took cover as the prostitutes fired bullets at him. There were so many of them, and new ones started popping out of different places around the swimming pool area.

Vic ducked behind the counter and fired back. He killed about three of the prostitutes that were firing at him, and the bullets were striking against the things around the swimming pool.

The shootout had lasted for a good minute and a half, and Vic was ducking behind objects to circumvent the many bullets flying around him, succeeding in killing each prostitute one by one.

When he finally killed the last prostitute, Vic saw that the dealer was escaping via quad bike down below. Vic exited the swimming pool area and ran to the beach, where there was a second quad parked down below. He looked ahead to see the dealer on the quad, and he was dropping grenades behind him.

Vic dodged the grenades as they exploded immediately and continued riding after the dealer. The sand flew through the air as the wheels of both quads whirled through them as they rode. Vic squinted his eyes as he avoided the sand trying to get into his eyes as he continued riding through the sandy beach.

He took out his sub machine gun and fired at the dealer, who was struck by ten bullets and finally dropped dead on the sandy beach and off the quad bike.

Looks like my work here is done, Vic thought.

He continued riding through the sandy beach and headed back on the road. He was actually liking the idea to join the Mendez brothers' conspiracies to augment more budget on his business empires, even if it meant building drug empires as well.