Chapter 70: I Want To Know What Love Is

Vic was driving through the road of Vice Point the next day to see what Louise was up to. It has been days since he had spoken to Louise, and with the Mendez brothers and Martinez off his back and Lance the new head of the Vance Crime Family, today was the perfect time to see Louise again.

He finally made a left turn on the road leading to the neighborhood of Louise's house and pulled up in front. He hopped out of the Cheetah and walked over to the front door, which he knocked on loudly. After about ten seconds, the door finally swung open, and Vic saw Louise standing from behind.

"Vic!" she uttered in surprise. "It's nice to see you again."

"Of course, Louise," Vic told her, stepping into the house right before Louise shut the door behind him. "I told you that I want to be able to spend time with you."

"Same here," Louise replied. "Phil told me everything."

"He did, huh?" Vic asked.

"Yep," Louise replied. "He told me that he got you back in the military and how he beat the ever-loving shit out of that asshole Martinez."

"Yep," Vic laughed. "He had that shit coming to him."

"Serves that asshole right," Louise chuckled. "I'm glad he got kicked out too."

"Now he no longer has a career and is stuck with nothing," Vic added, grinning in satisfaction. "I knew the tables would be turned eventually."

"Yeah," Louise added. "Hey Vic, there's something I have to tell you."

"Oh yeah?" Vic asked as the two walked to the living room. "And what's that?"

The couple took a seat adjacent to each other onto the couch. Louise stared at Vic with her blue eyes. "About what I said about you the other day... " she began to say.

"Look, Louise," Vic interrupted, "I already told you that I forgive you. You don't have to worry about it. It's in the past now."

"You don't understand, Vic," Louise told him. "I wanted to tell you that outside of what I went through in my past life, being a high school dropout while living my young adult lifestyle in an abusive relationship, I never got to experience what love really was."

"What do you mean?" Vic asked.

"I mean that I never got to understand the much deeper experience of love," Louise told him, "the real meaning of a romantic relationship. All I've ever lived through most of my life was abuse and despair. I've suffered nothing but physical beatings and verbal abuse. I've never lived to learn the true meaning of love."

"That's a coincidence," Vic replied. "Because with me being single all my life and having a dysfunctional family and all, I'm trying to know the true meaning of love myself."

Louise chuckled slightly. "Well I guess the only way we're gonna find out is by spending more time with each other, huh?" she told him.

"Sure seems like it," Vic responded. "Now is the perfect opportunity to start this relationship off healthy."

"You're right, Vic," Louise said. "That means no more drugs and more going out."

"There you go," Vic told her. "So what do you say we do something fun today?"

"Sounds good to me," Louise replied. "Because I could really use all the fun we're gonna have at a carnival. Whadaya say we go to the Washington Beach Fairground?"

"I'm up for that," Vic agreed. "Let's go."

They both jumped out of the couch and started walking out of the living room. "I'll bring Mary-Beth," Louise announced, walking towards the stairs. "I want my baby to have just as much fun."