The Reaper

A/N: Imma just introduce the villains and what Jules is up against heh this was long overdue....

"Please, have mercy!" 

The man's cries went overlooked as he scrambled away from the cloaked figure  that amusedly walked towards him ever so slowly. The man sobbed, trying to scramble away, slipping  and tripping over and over in the slick grime and rusty rails of the abandoned subway tunnel, his bleeding legs slimming down what little possibility of escape he had left. 

"I'll give you anything! Anything! I beg you, please!" The man wept, eyes widening as he realized exactly what he'd done as he pressed himself against a wall. 

He'd cornered himself like a fool.

The cloaked figure brought out a strange contraption from under his coat that was the size of a handgun, but glowed with a terrifying green light that made it seem a hundred times bigger.

"Please!No! Take my money! My wife! Anything instead!"

The cloaked figure laughed, bringing down his hood, revealing his face from the shadow it was previously concealed in. 

The injured man gasped in recognition. "You bastar-"

"Hush, Darryl. " The cloaked figure spoke, cutting him off. "I told you not to cross me and that's exactly what you did. I never like telling people twice."

He fired up the gun, admiring it as he spoke with a lilt in his voice. "This baby is the Ripper, a wonderful firearm designed not to make you bleed, but to tear the life out of every cell in your body and to collect your soul in this lovely little compartment right here." He tapped it, smiling viciously down at the look of disbelief on the injured man's face. 

"How, you may ask? Well, my men combined alien energy with the extracted substances from a very special pond and then used it to create this revolutionary weapon. Better than anything to ever hit the streets. Fascinating, ain't it? "

"That's not possible." Darryl gasped out, feeling the cloaked figure crush the bones in his hands as he stomped down on it. The man whined in pain, hissing as he gritted his teeth. "You don't have to do this, Snake."

"Oh, no I don't have to. I want to. Now, let's give this baby a test run, shall we?" Snake grinned, pointing the gun straight at Darryl, before pulling the trigger, encasing the man in a green glow.

Darryl screamed in pain as faint wisps of silver started tearing themselves off of his body and into the gun, his soul being torn from his being inch by inch with the combined forces of the Lazarus Pit substances and the alienated crystal that powered the weapon. Snake smiled as the man convulsed before going limp, eyes glazing over with black as his mouth hung open in a slack "o".

"Pity, Darryl. You could've been so much greater that a dead pile of shit like you are now."

With that, Sebastian Snake walked out of the abandoned tunnel and onto the street, where he tipped his head towards a passerby in greeting.

************************************************************

Switchblade pushed the pale-skinned woman against the hood of the car, Red Hood standing off to the side, toying with his gun in both a form of amusement and warning.

"Eh eh eh! Take it easy, lady!" The woman held up her hands, looking at the two vigilantes. "What the hell do you want?"

"I think you know the answer to that clearly. Now we can do this either the easy way, or the hard way. One of them doesn't end well for you." Switchblade pulled out her blade hilt, the sharp end still embedded into the baton-like wood, ready to pop out any second. With her gravitational bend, she crushed the trunk's lock, making it impossible for anyone other that herself  to open it.