Stars in the Sky

A/N: I am getting so many reads and so much love from you guys (you are all awesome tysm! ily yall i cant believe this omfg)

OMFG 17k reads?! Already?! Damn yall must really like this sh*t ff maybe I'll make some more!

Anyways, I  want not-Alaric to be like a Doctor Strange-esque character, jus saying :) 

Alaric=Lionel, for those who are slow asf :)

**************************************************************

While being treated for a sprained wrist in the Batcave, Lionel slowly told them everything he was allowed to say, not breaking eye contact with Jules the whole time.

"I cannot tell you how Gotham will fall. I cannot tell you who will fall with it. All I can  tell you is that it will inevitably happen three full moons from now, when the wind turns brisk and the bay starts to freeze over. The night it will happen will be one with a clear sky, and every star will be visible."

"Alright, Mr. Weatherman, why are you speaking in riddles?" Tim huffed, plopping down next to Jules.

"I see the future, and in riddles we must speak of it. We sorcerers at the Sanctum turn time. I have already told you." Lionel snapped back, a bit of his Alaric-accent biting into his words. He looked at Julianne, knowing pretty well the hurt she was hiding behind her blank stare.

He didn't blame her. One of her closest friends turned out to be a time-turning sorcerer sent to protect her. He lied about his age, his accent, his origin, his name- it'd be hard to regain her trust again.

"Then why not tell us outright?" Damian rolled his eyes.

"If I tell you what will happen in the future, the future would change because you now know about it. "

"Ah. I suppose that makes sense. So you knew you were going to be kidnapped? Why would the Snake want you? " Bruce asked, his arms crossed.

Lionel darkened, his eyebrows knitting into a furrowed expression, his lips turning downward in a hint of a frown. "He knows I'm from the Sanctum, and he knows what I am capable of. He most likely wishes to read the future, maybe misuse my magics for his own fulfilment. Snake is losing weaponry- thanks to you- but he is also becoming more desperate. More twisted. His wrath won't be held off for long."

Jules piped up. "Why were you assigned to me? You said you were my shadow guardian or whatever- but why me?"

Lionel's frown deepened as he looked away from her, unable to stare into her eyes any longer. "To ensure your safety."

"We both know that's not true. I can take care of myself."  She glared , trying to crack through him.

"I am forbidden to tell you, no matter how much I want to."

"Then don't give me a lie as an answer when you're forbidden to tell me the truth." 

"Noted. Deepest apologies."

"Hmph. Forgiven."

Tim looked at the tense conversation between the two, and deduced that Jules was currently at a 5 on the Jules-Anger-Sadness scale. He felt something stir inside him as she turned away from Lionel, redoing her signature ponytail, not bothering to push away the few strands that fell in front of her face. 

She. Was. Pissed.

And it was making everyone uncomfortable. 

Alfred pulled away from Lionel, having finished dressing his wrist. Lionel thanked him quietly.