Decathlon!

"Whatcha doing out here so early, cute girlie?"  Harley looked over the adorable schoolgirl, whose eyes flickered over her and Ivy in a mix of curiosity and apprehension.  

"I gotta get to Decathlon, Miss." The girl looked down at her uniform shoes shyly.

Ivy looked over at Harley. "Aren't you the newest Wayne ward?"

The girl looked at Harley, nodding once after staying silent for a few minutes. Her eyes seemed to be reading every movement of theirs, looking for threats while at the same time, they seemed to hold so much friendliness and shyness in them.

She was rather peculiar, Ivy thought. 

"What's your name, girl?" Ivy spoke up, crossing her arms.

"Jules."

"Nice. I'm Ivy, this girl is Harley."

"I know."

Those two words took them aback. This girl knew who they were? Probably something Bruce drilled into her...

"Really?" Ivy raised an eyebrow, looking at Harley as the girl seemed to smile just a bit. All the excitement that was being held back in the girl just erupted out.

"Yeah, you guys are like the best! You're like super smart and love plants and are so kickass at the same time- I LOVE  your research! You're the best scientist in the world- heck no, in the whole  universe! And Ms. Harley here is absolutely badass and awesome and looks really nice and is super strong and is a model to women everywhere to not let a stupid man drag you down and is insanely cool as well- I'm sorry, I'm being really weird right now, I'm sorry..." The girl trailed off, looking starstruck at the two women.

"I'm keeping her, Harley."  Ivy smiled genuinely, something about the girl just warming up her insides and making her feel happier, almost like a drug.

Harley grinned at her, squishing the girl's cheeks. "Awww, aren't you the sweetest thing, pumpkin! Pass me your phone, imma punch in Ivy's number along with mine."

Jules lit up even more. "Really?! You don't have to, I don't want to impose-"

"Darling, we're dropping you off wherever you need to go. Nobody's ever been so sweet to us as you've been." Harley smiled, leading her to Ivy's car. 

Jules blinked in surprise. Was this really happening?

"Come on, sweetpea, we ain't got all day!" Harley called as she revved the engine.

Wonderfully, it was happening. With a giddy grin, Jules hopped into the car, chatting amiably with her two idols.

***************************************************************************

"JULES! YOU'RE LATE!"

Bo screeched at her from across the street, and Jules hurriedly ran towards the school bus, waving to Miss Harley and Ivy , yanking on her red Midtown hall Decathlon vest as she went. The teacher, Mr.Morris, lit up at her arrival, while Gretchen huffed.

"You should be kicked off the team for always being so damn late, right, Mr. Morris? Got that fake W.E internship you're always talking about- why don't you head on over there full time?"

"Julianne! You can take Gretchen's placement. Gretchen, you'll be a sub just in case."

Gretchen scowled over at Julianne, before stomping into the bus, her backpack swinging with every angry step of hers. Mr. Morris ignored her and quickly shook Jules hand, relieved that one of the strongest Decathlon players was present.

"In you go, we're gonna be late!" Morris ushered all of them into the school bus, Bo sitting next to Jules in the middle of the bus. Tsuki sat in the seat in front of them, reading a book about chemistry.