Chapter 6 ~Zeref~

~Gray~

First thing we had to do was climb a rope to the top of the gym. "Gray! You're up first!" Gildarts called. I sighed, walking to the front of everybody else. "You have thirty seconds to get up that rope. Go!"

I grabbed onto the rope, putting one hand above the other, then repeating it while the class watched me. I got to the top ringing a bell that was up there, then I heard Lucy yell to me from the bottom of the rope, "Gray! How do you even take off you're shirt while you're climbing a rope?"

I looked down seeing my shirt was laying at the bottom on the ground, "What?! I don't know!"

I slowly came down the rope, jumping off when I was five feet up. Then I grabbed my shirt and put it back on. Sting walked over to me, whispering in my ear again, "You should keep it off, you look better without clothes."

I began to reply when the girls in class ran over to me, all hugging me.

"You did great Gray!"

"Gray! You're amazing!"

"You're the best Gray!" I heard coming from them.

"Next person up, Natsu! Lets go!" Natsu ran up, grabbing the rope and climbing to the top in fifteen seconds, then slid back down. He looked in my direction, seeing Sting close to me. Lucy was chatting with sting while Natsu walked over, grabbing onto my waist and pulling me into him. I looked at him, then at Sting, who was glaring daggers into Natsu, and sighed. I took a deep breath, letting it out quickly. Then I looked to my left. Zeref was standing there, also glaring at Natsu, but I knew that his glare was meant for me too. This was great. Gildarts next walked over to a pogo thing. This was my favorite thing to do. I was up first, again. I grabbed the stick, running, then I planted it, then flung myself over the bar, landing perfectly on the other side. Natsu was up next. He tried and utterly failed. It was horrific. Sting was up after him, Gildarts had no mercy for new kids. Sting went up, grabbing a rod, then he went after it. Long story short he did it better than me.

After he finished he walked over to me again. Natsu was standing on my right with his arm around my shoulder. Sting put his elbow on my shoulder, leaning on me. I looked up at the clock that was behind the basketball hoop. The bell for lunch would ring at any time now.

Ding, Ding, Ding.

Perfect timing. I grabbed my backpack and left, leaving the two boys staring at me as I walked out. I stepped out of the gym and felt someone grab me and drag me down a hallway. I looked at who grabbed me. It was Zeref. He dragged me outside, throwing me into the arms of two of his friends.

"Turn him around." They spun me, grabbing my arms. He punched me in the stomach, laughing. Then he punched my face and went to my stomach again, "You're a pretty soft punching bag." He laughed again and kept punching me until he was out of breath. "Next time, maybe your boyfriend will learn not to talk back to me. Lets go."

They threw me into the snow, and went back inside. I layed there for a sec, going over what had just happened. Then I heard some footsteps coming my way quickly. I stared at the sky then saw Natsu's face. He was looking down at me, worried. I laughed which hurt, but I didn't show any pain.

"What happened? Why are you laying in the snow?"

I sat up, sitting with my legs crossed and rubbed the back of my head, laughing still, "I kinda slipped and fell."

His worry immediately left and was replaced with a relieved smile. "You're such a clutz."

I frowned.

"What?"

"I'm not a cute clutz?"

He laughed and pulled me up, hugging me, "Yes, Gray, you're a cute clutz."

I wrapped my arms around his back, feeling his warmth. It felt so good to be warm. To be wanted.

"Lets go back inside." He said.

I nodded, "Yeah, lets go."

He put his arm around my shoulders and we walked inside. Inside the first person I saw was (xD Mirror) Sting. He ran over to me, "Who did it?"

I became nervous, "Who did what?"

"Who hit you?" He asked.

"N-No one." I said, pushing myself into Natsu.

Natsu looked at me then at Sting.

"Listen Gray, I've been in my fair share of fights. Someone punched you and I want to know who it was." Sting ordered. Natsu stood in front of me.

"If he said he didn't get punched, then he didn't get punched. Now leave him alone." Natsu said.

Sting walked up to him, glaring at him, "If you really cared about him, you would be able to tell something was wrong."

Sting looked at me, acessing me. Then he shoved Natsu out of the way, pushing me up against a locker and lifting up my shirt. "There. Is that enough proof for you Natsu?"

Natsu walked over, shoving him away from me. Sting lost his balance and fell on his butt. Natsu glared at him, then looked at me, his eyes changing from angry to worried. I looked down, not being able to hold his stare. "Gray, look at me."

I didn't. I couldn't.

"Gray, come on, look at me. Please."

I could hear the concern in his voice so I looked at him.

"What happened to you?"

I looked at him, the to the others, seeing Zeref standing there in the hallway, leaning against the wall, glaring at Natsu. Natsu followed my gaze, seeing Zeref. He began to walk over there but I grabbed him. He looked at me. I shook my head. "Don't. He isnt worth it. And besides I'm fine. It barely even hurts."

Natsu looked back over to Zeref again. I knew he was mad and there was probably only one thing I could do that would calm him down. I looked at him, but he didn't look at me. So I turned him around and pulled him close to where our chests were touching, then put one of my hands on the back of his head, pulling his head closer and kissing him. His lips were warmer than usual. I could feel him push closer to me, his lips moving rougher and rougher. Then I felt his tounge slip past my lips. I returned the favor, and we kept at it until we heard a cough. We bothe looked over, seeing both the girls and guys smiling. Except Sting. Who was all out pissed.

__________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

So that was the hardest chapter I've had to write yet. I didn't know how I wanted to go about it with Zeref. I finished it though and hope you guys liked it! Thanks for all the reads! 129 so far! I'm going to try and put up another part tonight and if I don't, it will be tomorrow. Thanks again guys!!!!!

Mk Bye

VeRn

__________________________________________________________________________________