Chapter 13 ~Friends again~

~Zeref~

I went home after Gray had punched me, partly happy. I'd known him since he was a kid. His foster mom and him had moved to town when we were in fifth grade. It was funny because up until we hit high school, we had been best friends. I missed having him around. That Natsu kid had came and completely shoved me out of the picture. So did all those other people. Lucy, Loke, Jellal, Erza, Levy, Gajeel, even those two runts, Wendy and Romeo.

I sighed, heading to turn down the road to my house when I heard someone call my name, "Zeref!"

I stopped, recognizing the voice as Gray's. I kept going, not needing this right now.

"Zeref! Stop!" He yelled.

I turned around, "What?"

"We need to talk."

"Shouldn't you be at your house packing? If you're leaving in the next few days, you'll need to get ready before."

"That doesn't matter to me right now."

"If you're looking for your boyfriend, he's probably at the orphanage over on fifth."

"Zeref! I came to talk to you!"

My eyes widened, "Me? Why would you want to talk to me?"

"Because I figured out today why you're always so mean to me."

I snorted, (To be clear, they aren't snorting anything.) "And that would be?"

"Because I left you. We used to be the best of friends in elementary school."

H-how did he know that was what was wrong?

"It doesn't matter. You moved on and found better friends didn't you." I sat down one the sidewalk and he sat next to me.

"I found new friends yeah, but they weren't better. I don't think of any of my friends higher than one another."

"Except for Natsu."

"Nope, not even him. I do love him, but he's just as important to me as all the other friends I have." He stood up, reaching out his hand, "That includes you."

"Why? After I was rude to you and hurt you, why do you still consider me as a friend?"

"Because you always were. Now come on, we're all going out for coffee."

I took his outstretched hand saying, "I don't have any money."

"Its fine, I'll pay for you." He began to walk toward a nearby coffee shop then noticed I wasn't following. "Whats wrong?"

He walked back to me, grabbing my arm and pulled me forward, almost tripping me on the ice.

"Oops, sorry." He looked at me with an apologetic smile.

"Uhh." I'd never been apologized to before. "I-Its fine."

He laughed and kept walking, still pulling me in the process. I walked beside him, really not wanting to go, but i wanted to spend time with my old best friend before he left.

When we got to the coffee shop all of his friends were there, starting at us in disbelief. Natsu walked up and shoved Gray behind him.

"What do you think you're doing here?" He asked.

I backed up,  not wanting a fight. This time. I watched Gray struggle to get in front of natsu. "Natsu it's fine. We talked and we're cool."

Natsu looked from Gray to me. Then sighed, "Alright. Come on."

I followed Gray and Natsu to a table, sitting across from them. We got our coffee and began drinking it when someone asked,  "Excuse me. Can I sit here?"

I looked up and saw a guy with dark hair and eyes to match it waiting with his coffee.

"Sure." Gray answered. The guy sat next to me and said,  "My name's Rogue."

~Gray~

-at home after coffee-

I walked inside the house that used to belong to Jane and saw that Sting and his mom were in the kitchen talking to someone else. When I walked in I saw a man in a business suit talking to them. When he see me he immediately ran to me and hugged me. "Hey! Who are you?" I asked pushing the man away.

"Gray its me. Your father."

____________________________________________________________________________________
A/N
I feeling fancy right now lolz. Thx for the reads. I think it's at like 670. I've never seen a better number in my lifetime.

__________________________________________________________________________________