Chapter 3: The Winner

Before my feet hit the ground, I know Hisoka's going to chase me around the ring until he's close enough to land a punch. Now that he knows my ability he probably figures his best bet is physical combat. I'm fast enough to block his hits for about 10 seconds, but eventually he'll find an opening. Heaven help me if he hits my jaw and I'm disoriented for a minute. That'd be long enough for him to land several hits and a knockout. But I don't think he's eager for the match to be over yet.

I pick up speed until I'm darting around like a fly on a lamp, chaotic and random in the directions I weave. The heat in my body rises until I'm sure I'll catch on fire and there appears to be several copies of me. I move in for a punch, but he lands one to my torso first. I can feel a few of my lower ribs crack and my kidneys rupture. Fuck, he must've used ko to hide the strength of his aura.

"Critical hit. Two points to Hisoka!"

"It looks like our lovely dancer might be out for the count," the commentator says in a pitying tone.

As I land on my stomach and cough up blood, Hisoka quickly pins me to the floor with his bungee gum and soars up into the air. When he drops back down, I can tell the aura in his foot will break me. In the millisecond I have to prepare, I can only shroud my back, upper limbs, and head.

A crack travels down my left leg and a few fractures splinter through my right. It takes everything in me not to scream as the room spins. I see a spray of blood, sweat, and spit in the air and in the middle of it all is Hisoka's smiling face. The impact of his blow tosses me across the floor like a ragdoll. To be honest, this type of pain turns me on as well, the kind where all my power is taken away and I'm at the mercy of the man I want. But now is the time to dominate not submit. I have to be in control, no matter how sexy my partner is.

The commentator flinches. "Ouch! I don't know if there's any rebounding from that drop down by Hisoka!"

"Critical hit and knockdown. Four points for Hisoka!" The ref peers down at me, "Can you go on?"

I grab his pant leg, angry at how many points he just gave away. "Don't you fucking try to end this fight!"

The ref sucks his teeth and pulls away. Whatever sympathy he felt for me  is gone. "You have two minutes to get your shit together. After that, I call it."

"These fights aren't timed!" I yell after him.

Hisoka places one hand on his hip and chuckles. "What a shame. You have such a lovely nen ability. I was sure you wouldn't disappoint me."

I raise myself up by my arms. "I won't."

He sighs and walks towards me with a card appearing in his hand. "I guess the only satisfying thing left to do is kill you."

My eyes bulge and dodge around the platform in search of an escape. For the first time in years I'm afraid and titillated by my fear. I look up and into the crowd at a group of my fans begging me to get up. As I stare at them I realize there's only one way out of this alive.

I concentrate the last of my aura into my fingertips, bend my elbows and fling myself into the crowd.

"Catch me," I command.

The men marked with my lipstick reach for me. Their hands form a cushion underneath my body. The only way I won't lose is if I use my second nen ability. I only activate it in emergencies, but I hate using it. Fuck it. Hisoka hesitates for a moment, likely curious at what I have planned. I open up my pores and bloodstream to drain as much energy as I can out of their bodies. The more sources there are, the quicker and easier it is for me to heal and regenerate energy. But I can't use less than 10. I don't steal enough to kill them, but they will need immediate medical attention. My bones bind back together and become stronger than ever. Though many of my superficial wounds remain, I can feel the bruises on my kidneys disappear.

There's just enough time to jump out of the way as Hisoka lunges into the crowd after me. The bodies I stole energy from crumple to the ground. He stands in the middle of the bodies, a new vigor lighting up his eyes. I can tell that he's pleasantly surprised by my willingness to use innocent bystanders to get what I want. "I'll tell you what, you can have three free hits—"

A rage surges through my body. I'm so pissed off by what he said that when I pounce he becomes a blur. I land a right hook and jab to his lower jaw so hard it I hear it pop. "I don't need your permission to fight back."

He throws a half-hearted punch that I dodge before throwing him back onto the platform. Now I need to make him submit to me.

"A critical hit and knockout makes 4 points for Oby!" the ref states.

"Oh my goodness! What a comeback! Will she actually be able to win the match?" the commentator yells into the mic.

I jump back to the ring, energized and ready to end this. Hisoka adjusts his jaw then puts his fists up. If this is how he wants to go out, I'm happy to oblige. I crash into him briefly rolling on the ground until he straddles me, which makes my clit pucker. Hisoka raises his arm for a punch. I position my right hand to block and my left to throw the winning punch.

The ref throws his hand in the air, signaling for us to stop. "A clean hit from Hisoka earns him the final point. 10 to 8. This match goes to Hisoka!"

The audience is in an uproar, screaming and cursing the ref's name, but my voice is the loudest of them all.

"What!" I push Hisoka off me, get up, and take several steps towards the ref. My aura spikes in my fist as I pick it up, but Hisoka steps between us to block it. "He's not worth it."

When I look up at him, he seems sincere, like he's truly trying to protect me. He wraps an arm around my waist and pulls me in close to whisper in my ear. "You fought bravely." I feel so angry and confused. I can't believe he was ready to kill me only moments ago. And the asshole behind him who stole my victory. I know that beating the ref won't solve anything, but neither will Hisoka's words. So I push out of his grasp and walk away from it all. The commentator's last remarks and the boom of the crowd all fade away. My mind's already down the hallway, swimming in the dark, trying to think of nothing.