Ninth Name: Are Campfires Dangerous?

"The same cabins?!"

It was true that Bakugo would've been surprised by Faye's suggestion. A flash of red shone across Bakugo's face.

"WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU SUGGEST THAT????!!!!!"

Faye shrugged.

"Why not? It does save money doesn't it?!"

"Aren't girls and boys supposed to sleep in separate cabins?"

As Bakugo, Ray, and Faye were chatting about, Tsuyu didn't seem to be fazed by it at all.

'If we sleep in the same cabins, that means I could have Bakugo help me with the current situations I've been dealing with without being suspicious! Right? That's a good plan!'

"I think it's a good idea."

Bakugo and Ray both turned to her the moment she said her comment.

"YOU'RE OKAY WITH IT???" they both said simultaneously. They then shot death glares at each other.

"What makes you think that? May?" Faye asked.

Tsuyu scratched her head.

"Personal Reasons."

'Personal reasons?!' they both thought in their heads.

It was a clear misunderstanding to both parts but Tsuyu was a bit naive to figure it out. All she was focused on was figuring out her current state.

"Okay then~! Since that's settled, let's go to the campfire!"

"Campfire?"

"Yup! Specially designed for the both of you!"

Particularly interested in the event, Tsuyu got up from the bench and followed Faye. The other two were still flabbergasted but they followed them anyway.

As they got to the campfire, Tsuyu felt a little hotter than normal. She decided to sit on the closest seat to the fire, and Bakugo and Ray sat beside her.

'Why is Bakugo sitting here? Isn't it too hot for him?'

Tsuyu had never seen a campfire before. She has always been told to stay away from fire from her parents but now, she's sitting in front of one.

"Are campfires dangerous?"

Faye looked towards her as she poked the campfire with a stick.

"...I'm not sure."

Tsuyu was surprised by Faye's answer. Usually she would sound enthusiastic. Even though it was only the first day, she sounded quite deflated.

"Anyways! Let's sing a campfire song everyone!"

'Her attitude changed completely.'

All of the so-called staff were given instruments to play with. And somehow, Tsuyu was given...

"You know how to play one, right May?"

Tsuyu was given an acoustic guitar.

'How did she...'

She looked up at Faye, surprised.

"How did you know I knew how to play the guitar?"

"Just a wild guess."

Bakugo and Ray moved to the sides to make space for the guitar. Tsuyu held it in her arms carefully and made a single strum sound.

"It's in tune."

She hesitated.

'Did they put me in the spotlight on purpose?'

No one was really paying attention to the guitar Tsuyu was holding so she decided to play a broken chord.

'C Major...'

It has been a while since Tsuyu played the guitar, let alone hold one in her hands. But her fingers remembered where to place themselves on certain chords. Especially one piece that she always played before. It was never really familiar in Tokyo but her parents said it was quite famous in America, so they thought.

'No one seems to be paying attention...'

Tsuyu then struck a string with her finger, and then another one, until she found herself playing a familiar tune.

'It still sounds nice...'

Every0ne then turned to her attention as she played the song. It was quite soothing around the campfire. Bakugo and Ray were quite surprised by her playing. Faye then decided to sing the lyrics.

"♪♩~Blackbird singing in the dead of night~♪♩"

"♪♩~Take these broken wings and learn to fly~♪♩"

"♪♩~All your life~♪♩"

"♪♩~You were only waiting for this moment to arise~♪♩"

And as Faye and Tsuyu kept the song going, the atmosphere became much cozier and the stars in the sky shone much brighter. All of Tsuyu's worries faded away as she felt more comfortable around the fire.

'Maybe campfires aren't dangerous after all...'