Chapter 10

Lance, Christiano, and I emerged from the room. Nico straightened up from leaning on the wall. I took a deep breath before I begin to call out orders.

"Security, I want men posted at every entrance to the estate. No one gets in and no one gets out. Nico, get your father on the phone. And someone get surveillance on Ma's loft building. Let's go people."

With that everyone went their separate ways. I began to walk downstairs towards my home office when Christiano asked

"And what should I do?"

"Stay with Lance. He needs you right now."

'And you need him.' I thought to myself.

"Don't worry, I'll get you when we are about to take action."

I add. He nods and takes Lance back to his room. I continue my way to the office. Nico is already inside on his cell phone.

"He is not answering."

Nico mutters lowering the phone to redial Carlo's number.

"Keep trying, I'm going to go change."

I say running back to my room to throw on a tank top and jeans. I ran right back to the office with my hands struggling to tie my hair into a ponytail.

"Hello, dad?"

Nico asked before he sighed in relief. He finally got hold of him. He holds out his phone to me and I quickly take it.

"Carlo, there's been an emergency. I have a favor to ask of the Valentinos."

I say walking to the window and gazing out on the yard where men equipped with guns and bullet proof vests stood guard. I explain to him what happened.

"I know you have a few connections on the inside with the newspapers and other publications. I need you to keep them quiet and make sure none of this gets out or leaked. Can you do that for me?"

I ask.

"Of course, Daniella. Consider it done."

"Thank you so much Uncle Carlo. I know a few guys on the police force. I can probably convince them to lower their attention on the incident."

"Okay. Call me if you need anything else. Bye, doll."

I hung up and gave Nico his phone back. One of my men knocked on the already opened door and stated

"The survallience is connected and its ready to go on your computer."

I sent him away with a nod and went straight for my computer. I logged on and pulled up the tab where a screen popped up showing Ma and Aunt Bianca talking and laughing while cooking in the kitchen. Thank God they are okay. I don't want anyone from the outside finding out where they are. I don't want to alarm them by calling them and telling them, nor do I want to go get them because that will only bring attention to us if I go out there with security and black Escalades. But I really don't like having them all the way in the city without protection. If I were to get them, it would have to be just me and Christiano. That would be extremely risky though knowing that the shooter knows what I look like and is most likely still nearby in the city looking for any Romanos. I'll just have to wait it out. They will be okay as long as they stay there. I turn to Nico and ask

"Do we have any leads on who the shooter might be?"

"No, not really. All we know is that whoever he is, he has been talking to someone working for you. That's the only thing that can explain how he knew about the t-ball game. Did you speak to anyone about you possibly going to the game?"