|35| Portkey

Hermione and Ginny handed me a spare of their muggle clothes. Never having to pretend to look like one, I didn't have anything other than robes and nightclothes. Slipping on some black tights and a large American football sweater, I gave them a large smile, content with my outfit.

"How do I look? Like a muggle?" I beamed.

"I'd say so, although it looks like you're swimming in the sweater," Ginny laughed.

"It was my dad's. I didn't have any other spares," said Hermione.

"I love it! It's warm," I smiled.

Together we went down the stairs to have breakfast before we leave for the Quidditch match. Fred, George, Harry, and Ron were already seated while Mrs. Weasley continued to make breakfast.

"Wow, Mousey's disappeared," Fred laughed. "Where'd she go?"

"Oh, stuff it," I glared, taking a seat next to Harry.

"Why do we have to be up so early?" Ginny said, rubbing her eyes and sitting down at the table.

"We've got a bit of a walk," said Mr. Weasley.

"Walk?" said Harry. "What, are we walking to the World Cup?"

"No, no, that's miles away," said Mr. Weasley, smiling. "We only need to walk a short way. It's just that it's very difficult for a large number of wizards to congregate without attracting Muggle attention. We have to be very careful about how we travel at the best of times, and on a huge occasion like the Quidditch World Cup—"

"Mousey, come with me," Fred whispered in my ear and dragged me away to the living room.

"What's up?"

"Can you hold these toffees for us please?" said Fred, holding out brightly colored candies.

"Why me? Why can't—?"

"George!" I heard Mrs. Weasley say sharply.

"What?" said George.

"What is that in your pocket?"

"Nothing!"

"Don't you lie to me!" Mrs. Weasley pointed her wand at George's pocket and said, "Accio!"

"That's why," Fred said. "Mum suspects us to hold all kinds of prank stuff, but'll never suspect you."

"You want me to defy your mum?" I gasped. "No!"

"It's not defying, just helping us sneak the candies—"

"We told you to destroy them!" said Mrs. Weasley furiously. "We told you to get rid of the lot! Empty your pockets, go on!"

"What's in it for me?"

"My love and affection?" Fred offered. I laughed slightly and scrunched up my face.

"Fine," I sighed. "But if Mrs. Weasley says anything, I'm saying I had no clue."

"Deal," Fred grinned and handed me a handful of different types of candies and toffees.

When we walked back into the room, I could tell the atmosphere was not very friendly. Mrs. Weasley was still glowering as she kissed Mr. Weasley on the cheek, though not nearly as much as the twins, who had walked out without a word to her.

"Well, have a lovely time," said Mrs. Weasley, "and behave yourselves," she called after the twins' retreating backs, but they did not look back or answer. "I'll send Bill, Charlie, and Percy along around midday," Mrs. Weasley said to Mr. Weasley, as he, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and I set off across the dark yard after Fred and George.