|86| Caught

"They've taken him to the Hospital Wing!" I panted, running with Hermione and Ron down the corridor. "He doesn't need Madam Pomfrey, he needs Dumbledore or Professor McGonagall! It's—"

"Harry!" said Hermione at once, looking very frightened. "What happened? Are you all right? Are you ill?"

"Where have you been?" demanded Ron.

"What did you see?" I whispered hastily.

"Come with me," Harry said quickly. "Come on, I've got to tell you something..."

He led us along the first-floor corridor, peering through doorways, and at last found an empty classroom into which he dived, closing the door behind us the moment they were inside and leaning against it, facing us.

"Voldemort's got Sirius."

"What?"

"How d'you —?"

"Saw it. Just now. When I fell asleep in the exam."

"But— but where? How?" said Hermione, whose face was white.

"I dunno how," said Harry. "But I know exactly where. There's a room in the Department of Mysteries full of shelves covered in these little glass balls, and they're at the end of row ninety-seven... He's trying to use Sirius to get whatever it is he wants from in there— He's torturing him. Says he'll end by killing him..."

Shakily, he made his way to lean up against a desk, to steady himself.

"How're we going to get there?" he asked them.

There was a moment's silence.

Then Ron said, "G-get there?"

"Get to the Department of Mysteries, so we can rescue Sirius!" Harry said loudly.

"But — Harry..." I said weakly.

"What? What?" said Harry.

"Harry," said Hermione in a rather frightened voice, "er— h-how did Voldemort get into the Ministry of Magic without anybody realizing he was there?"

"How do I know?" bellowed Harry. "The question is how we're going to get in there!"

"But... Harry, think about this," said Hermione, taking a step toward him, "it's five o'clock in the afternoon— The Ministry of Magic must be full of workers. How would Voldemort and Sirius have got in without being seen? Harry, they're probably the two most wanted wizards in the world. You think they could get into a building full of Aurors undetected?"

"I dunno, Voldemort used an Invisibility Cloak or something!" Harry shouted. "Anyway, the Department of Mysteries has always been completely empty whenever I've been—"

"You've never been there, Harry," I said quietly. "You've dreamed about the place, that's all."

"They're not normal dreams!" Harry shouted in my face, standing up and taking a step closer to me in turn. "How d'you explain Ron's dad then, what was all that about, how come I knew what had happened to him?"

"He's got a point," said Ron quietly, looking at me and Hermione.

"But this is just— just so unlikely!" said Hermione desperately. "Harry, how on earth could Voldemort have got hold of Sirius when he's been in Grimmauld Place all the time?"

"Sirius might've cracked and just wanted some fresh air," said Ron, sounding worried. "He's been desperate to get out of that house for ages —"

"But why," Hermione persisted, "why on earth would Voldemort want to use Sirius to get the weapon, or whatever the thing is?"