|135| Potterwatch

double update!!

As the night continued on, Ron and Hermione spoke about wanting to find all the Horcruxes before Voldemort could find the Elder Wand.

"Three Horcruxes left," Ron kept saying. "We need a plan of action, come on! Where haven't we looked? Let's go through it again. The orphanage..."

Diagon Alley, Hogwarts, the Riddle House, Borgin and Burkes, Albania, every place that we knew Tom Riddle had ever lived or worked, visited or murdered, Ron and Hermione raked over them again, Harry joining in only to stop Hermione's constant pestering. I sat back and listened, thinking about everything that is to come.

In the last two months, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I have gone over every curse, jinx, and charm we've taught the D.A. two years ago as a refresher. Every day, we practiced; Harry's wand would spark or sputter in times of frustration, but he managed to use it correctly. Hermione and I spent most of our time reading textbooks to learn more about symbols, charms, and special artifacts. Ron, on the other hand, continuously messed with a small little radio trying to find the channel for Potterwatch.

"I've got it, I've got it! Password was 'Albus'! Get in here, Harry!"

Ron called Harry inside, who had been on guard duty, so we could all listen in on the radio show. Hermione and I sat cross-legged on the ground while Ron and Harry knelt down.

"... apologize for our temporary absence from the airwaves, which was due to a number of house calls in our area by those charming Death Eaters."

"But that's Lee Jordan!" said Hermione.

"I know!" beamed Ron. "Cool, eh?"

"... now found ourselves another secure location," Lee was saying, "and I'm pleased to tell you that two of our regular contributors have joined me here this evening. Evening, boys!"

"Hi."

"Evening, River."

" 'River,' that's Lee," Ron explained. "They've all got code names, but you can usually tell —"

"Shh!" I said.

"But before we hear from Royal and Romulus," Lee went on, "let's take a moment to report those deaths that the Wizarding Wireless Network News and Daily Prophet don't think important enough to mention. It is with great regret that we inform our listeners of the murders of Ted Tonks and Dirk Cresswell."

Nausea flipped in my stomach as the four of us looked at each other in horror.

"A goblin by the name of Gornuk was also killed. It is believed that Muggleborn Dean Thomas and a second goblin, both believed to have been traveling with Tonks, Cresswell, and Gornuk, may have escaped. If Dean is listening, or if anyone has any knowledge of his whereabouts, his parents and sisters are desperate for news.

"We regret to inform our listeners that the remains of Bathilda Bagshot have been discovered in Godric's Hollow. The evidence is that she died several months ago. The Order of the Phoenix informs us that her body showed unmistakable signs of injuries inflicted by Dark Magic.

"And now we turn to regular contributor Royal, for an update on how the new Wizarding order is affecting the Muggle world."

"Thanks, River," said an unmistakable voice, deep, measured, reassuring.

"Kingsley!" burst out Ron.

"We know!" said Hermione, hushing him.

"And what would you say, Royal, to those listeners who reply that in these dangerous times, it should be 'Wizards first'?" asked Lee.