Chapter 47

"Athanasia, I want you to attend a meeting in a region tomorrow. I'll go after you later", said Claude when they were having dinner together.

"... Okay, dad. Can we talk about the details later? You know, so I don't mess it up"

Claude smirked at the distrust of his child, "You are my daughter, of course you can do it. Just taking care of a few dogs who are not competent at all in carrying out their duties is easy for you"

The statement of the head of the family made them shudder rather than enjoy the delicious food that was presented right in front of them, of course an exception for Claude himself. He ate calmly and his mood improved after saying this. Leo sometimes tells about his school activities to others, "Oh! Do you know, Aither for the first time didn't throw a love letter on his desk right away!"

"PFFRRTT‼!" Athanasia sprayed back her drink and received a napkin which was extended by Lucas. Diana was stunned and Claude was petrified.

...

The atmosphere became silent immediately accompanied by a tense aura emanating from the poor boy's side where his life was in danger. Aither glared at him and made all of Leo's goose bumps, "A-Aah ... can't they find out?", He frowned and moved away from the mini version of Claude. "NO".

After hearing the word rejection Leo seemed to shrink in his seat as he bowed his head, his sweat pouring down while Aither was still staring at him sharply. "S-Sorry", chirped him.

"I will not help you with your task anymore, in the future you will do it yourself", said Aither and continued eating. Leo, who was surprised by that, whined and tugged at the hem of his shirt asking him not to do it. Athanasia, Lucas, Diana and Claude were entertained by their funny behavior and finally helped persuade Aither to withdraw his words (except Claude and Lucas who just watched without doing anything).

Athanasia walked in the company of Lucas in the hall and held hands, the girl hummed happily, making Lucas wonder, "Did something good happen? Looks like you are very happy". "Hehehe ... I just can't wait to go to the meeting place tomorrow. After the meeting I will ask daddy to accompany me to walk around there. We haven't spent time alone together for a long time.

"Hooo ... do you love your father more than your boyfriend?", He asked in a made-up sad tone.

Athanasia was used to his little drama and would not fall for it anymore, she sighed and cupped his cheeks with a smile, "I certainly love you, but my father is the best man in my life".

Lucas looked away and pouted, "Aww ... is my lovely Lucas sulking at me? I wonder what will make him happy again", she teased.

"... kiss me", he pointed a finger at his cheek and smirked. Athanasia immediately stood on tiptoe and kissed the cheek briefly and also on the forehead, making Lucas raise an eyebrow. "That is a bonus from me, oh yes! Do you have plans for tomorrow while I'm not around?"

"There is, I already have a plan of activities for tomorrow," he said.

"Hm ... what is that? Don't tell me you will meet a girl, "Athanasia narrowed her eyes. Lucas stunned at the accusation and laughed, he flicked her forehead pretty hard and leaned over to the girl, "Are you jealous when I see another girl?", "Of course! You are mine!". Again, Lucas's heart warmed to hear her earnest reply, "Take it easy ... I will meet an old man later, but I like your cute jealous attitude like this," he teased.

Long short story they were right in front of the door of Claude's office, Athanasia released his hand and smiled at Lucas, "Go back to your room. Good night, Lucas".

His hand stroked Athanasia's head and smiled faintly, "Good night". Lucas turned around and walked toward his room, while the girl knocked on the door and entered to talk about the meeting with her father which lasted for about 2 hours, after that she returned to the room to rest.