Chapter two: The Devil Or the Details

Day two

Honor paced the biomechanics garage back and forth racking his brain for the thing he wanted to simulate via the God Equation. He went back and forth in front of some winged bio androids biting his nails the whole time.

"Let me guess. The machine is broken now." Eden's voice came from a nearby open door. Leaning on it's frame covered in greases.

"I would hope not. All that money for nothing. I couldn't even fathom how much trouble I would be in. The thought alone wrecked of several hundred lawsuits and a mountain of debt that the in no way I can pay off in my lifetime. I will not have it." Gavel said as he stopped pacing to address Eden. Eden just shrugged and went over and started working on one of her winged androids in the corner. As Honor continued pacing there seemed to be many engineers works on winged androids all around them. Gavel seemed to not be bugged by the wrack it around him as he paced.

"you know maybe you should simulate the big question. The ones that we all want to know since the dawn of time. Like what is the meaning of existence or how to raise a child." Eden said as she examined one of the android and then slammed a hatch on it closed.

"I like where you are going with that. Well, on the first one at least. The second question though there might actual be books on. Either way I like the idea. Though we probably shouldn't just give one scenario. The Eden machine literally can run an endless amount of simulations. So we might come to an answer to quickly to test the God Equation itself. So maybe we should at least have several harder questions that will make the machine calculate long enough for the answer to be meaningful. I got it." Gavel said and then jotted down some notes on a notepad he had in his pocket.

"Firstly, A question that is harder than the meaning of life. That will be a tough one to even fathom what is. You may want to take longer than two seconds to come up with it. Just saying."

"Don't worry I've been working on it all night. So I've got plenty of simulations to run if that fails. I know, we can simulate it all in one fell swoop.."

"Your dam right. Or at least you better be." Eden said as Gavel came up to her and gave her hug out of nowhere.

"sorry, I couldn't help it. Your enthusiasm is infectious."

"That's ok. Just do yourself a favor and make sure not to get bio grease anywhere outside of this office. "

"Oh, I am guessing I will be getting a bath then." Gavel said looking down to see his lab goat covered in a black greasy substance that now stained his clothing all over the front.

"Don't worry, since you are dirty now, you might as well help me out. It's the least you can do for having my family fund this whole thing." Eden said as Honor saluted her.

Eden giggled as she pushed a button to reveal a whole line of beautiful silver body with purple winged androids that were gorgeous.. This took Honor by surprise as each stepped out of their cases and presented themselves to Eden.

"Yeah these are way better angeloids than what I made before." Eden said and then looked at Gavel who seemed awestruck." They are perfection. So you can pick your jaw up off the floor anytime now because remember they are just barely people. So they can fight back if need be."

"They are so beautiful though. I can't believe such fine craftsmanship was possible based on what I've seen you make before. I must know what are these things designed to do exactly."

Eden pointed to one of the winged androids in the middle and said. They are mechanical wombs. That's all they are good for. "Well, that and some company.just barely, kinda. it will take more advancement in their A.I. Before they are fully sentient though."