Chapter 4: New Old problems

Day one of the war of sirens song

Times were tough for Bradley and his sister. They had been in the Nemain prison for two years now and it was starting to take its toll on them. Random inspection and beatings seemed to be the only laws in this bird cage style prison and if that wasn't bad enough Bradley's only company was hard to interact with due to being poisonous in every aspect. Even one touch could have him doing one of those horrible detoxes that made him so sick.

Bradley and his sister were foreigners on this planet of Maere and it showed. They had crashed on the world of maere in purple streaks of light from the sky only three years ago. Bradley leaned forward looking down a half lit green hallway to see if the guards had left. The red winged guard with black freckles flew from cage to cage checking on different inmates. The guard was passing out rations to each inmate.

"Good." Bradley said noting the guard was not looking. One of his sisters snuck to a location that she couldn't be seen in by the guards. Bradley walked over and sat next to the bird cage like sell's wall and tried to look as incosquisly as possible. "I am guessing you have a way to get us out of here. He said looking at another none flying alien and waved as he walked over to the edge of his cage.

"I can't be sure, but the guards seem assured that no one can get out of this place. So they have grown lazy guarding their non flying prisoners. That may be our only chance." his sister said from below the cages.

"That doesn't seem much of a chance of being that they have very heavily guarded cells to the west. Bradley's red and white skinned alien cellmate said and then did the zip it sign as a red winged guard flew by.

The two prisoners just sat there as the guards patrolled the area and then left. "Yeah, Klume has a point. He may be an unknown but he at least has been here for years longer than we have. I think if we want to get out of here we will have to bring him as well Gale. Bradley's sister agreed but had a small objection. He'll be hard to get out without the ability to fly. For one he has poisonous skin and breath. If I one of us touch him it's over because we don't have an antidote on us at this point. I will have to see." Bradley thanked after his sister as she flew back the way she came.

Chapter Four Part B

----------------------------

Eden looked around at the sights of the world of Mecha. It was a fun futuristic mega city. The city had an amazing view and its inhabitants were friendly and interesting. There was just one problem. It didn't have creature comforts like stairs or elevators which made it hard to get around. This would make life on Mecha hard for Eden. It was going to be hard to get from one place or another, more less find a home.

Eden sighed as she looked out at the sky around them at the city itself and wondered if she was going to have to live here forever. In this city of winged ones. The city itself seemed to be centered around three orbital towers that shot up into the sky. It had many flying platforms with businesses and advertising video billboards around the towers. The towers where shell white and had two huge statues built into them for all to see. One of them was holding a sword and scales while another was on its knees in chains. "Those are some huge statues. They must have taken centuries to build." Eden offered as Wilka chowed down on her deep fried rodent with a side of nuts.

"Yeah they were built after the banishment of the Nemain from our home world. They call the statues the choice of the free. They say one symbolize the choice to bow down to a supreme leader and that the other symbolizes our choice to be just be free in all things. If you go up to the scales you can find an inscription with the Alkonost honor code all over the top. It's to high up for me to carry you but it's up there."