Chapter Five: Who Are The Time Breaker's

Third day of the invasion

Gavel and Linse had been in the cell for the past few days. The sell was a dark and damp bird cage style place with black purple walls and what looked like rodent bones scattered around the cage. The cage sat above the floor. Way to high for Gavel far to survive the fall. "I am guessing this is my lot in life now. Setting around and dining on what fowl eat. I would have never guessed that would be the case. What do you think my man linse. Shall we become rat connoisseurs and dine some more." Gavel said.

"I wouldn't joke about that. The Nemain seem to take their ancestry as if it were very important. Making such jokes may be your undoing. They are a very proud race. In fact it's kind of there downfall historically that is. That's one reason they all were exiled by the queen's daughter.". Linse said as he walked over to Gavel.

Gavel just shook his head and as a wall opened to reveal the black freckled and purple winged woman that had been speaking on the monitors earlier and two of the guards.

"This is the one mam. The one we caught in the city below." one of the guards offered as the woman flew to the bird cage.

"So you are one of the ones known as the Time Breakers. I wouldn't have believed you still existed if I didn't see it with mine own eyes." the Lady offered.

Confused but recognizing of the name Gavel asked to be released from the prison he was in.

"You , you, of all people, the one that scarred my soul and tore down the heavens and all that was in it. No, I will not free you! You will be executed with the leaders of the fallen ones after our victory dinner. That is after the fall of eagles perch and certain events transpire." the Lady exclaimed.

"Look, I have no clue who you are. I have never seen your face, heck i just got here and I am in fact new to all this. So please just let me go." Gavel said as the Lady just smiled.

"That's right, you are a Time Breaker. You have no clue of any of this yet. That is interesting. I will have to let this end here then lest I undo all." the lady said as she hung off the cage. "Just remember this then, my name is Morigan. If you dare do to my people what you did. I will personally hunt you down and kill you where you stand. Even with your powers as they are" the lady said and then flew back to the door.

"Psychooooo." Gavel said as Linse jumped over and covered his mouth but failing.

"What it's true. She is one. I have no clue what she is babbling on about. It makes me wonder if she hasn't been stuck in a cage till now wearing a straightjacket." Gavel said after shaking off linse.

"Shhhh.. They might here and then we are definitely done for."

"As it stands, we are done for anyways. But I will not suffer the indignity of being fed by a literal crow." Gavel looked sad and then sat on one of the prisons beds.

"Yeah I know, I just hate to get a beating for hurting their unusually big egos but you must remember. Those egos come connected to their talon like feet which have been known to rip through steel plates. Just keep that in mind before you talk from now on and we will be just fine."

Gavel gave up in the moment. As he does so he sees a shiny purple dot that sparked appear out of nowhere on the side of the sell. "That's interesting." he said and then leaned over to look at it." Gavel smiled and then grabbed the dot. He expanded it to a full size screen with his two fingers as Linse looked confused.

"Ah, ha, it's a command console but what is it doing here of all places, unless. This is the simulation that is running but then that would mean.." Gavel stopped as Linse just rolled his eyes. That is the cell door command. It's useless without the code. Guessing at that is like guessing which bullet will kill you on a russian rullet will. So don't try." Linse said as Gavel entered in a code. This entern unlocked the cell door.