Chapter three: Waking Up Tomorrow

Day: seven hundred and seventy-seven trillion

Eden felt sore all over her body as she opened her eyes to see a black outline of a person checking her pulse as she moans. The surrounding light seemed bright as if it were a white void. Eden tried to block it with her hand and failed after she opened her eyes.

"She seems fine, I mean besides for her lack of wings, she seems to have survived the massive fall out of the sky, surprisingly well." A voice came from the person as Eden tried to make out who she was seeing.

"Massive fall, that would be why my body feels like a beat up tin can that has been crushed in a crusher. Is everybody doing ok. Maybe we should turn the power down next time because if I have to pay for another quantum fuze I think I'll have a conniption fit." Eden groaned as she sat up and rube her eyes.

Good, she's come to, go get my equipment. I am not sure but I think we may need to get some wake up juice as well." The lady said as Eden looked up to see a giant hole in the ceiling above her.

"Whatever, I am so not paying for that. Somebody tell Gavel I'm out for the evening and he better return me angeloids without damage or I want his head served to me on a silver platter with a slice of lemon, kapeesh." She announced and then stood up as her what she was seeing finally come into focus. As she turned around her eyes meet with a red-feathered-winged woman in a blue uniform who had horns and a gas mask around her neck. Eden immediately fell back down in shock.

"Mam, I will ask you to stay seated for now. I would hate for you to break your tailbone on this hard floor." the red-winged medic rushed over to make sure Eden was still ok.

Still shocked Eden grabbed the Lady and examined her for a second after she bent down. The medic seemed very confused by this turn of events as Eden eyes widened. she frowned and said. "You can't be one, The markings aren't there. I marked each angeloid with a bar code and number on its face denoting which one it is. So there is only one other conclusion. I'm in heaven, or purgatory one."

The medic was still confused as she pulled out a small device and used it to scan Eden as she started small talk to keep Eden's mind busy. "Heaven, I've been there once. It's that cheesy amusement park in the Orion constellation. It was ok, I guess. Now Euro Heaven was a lot better if you ask me. Now would you do me a favor and follow my finger with your eyes." The woman joked.

"Euro Heaven?"

"Yeah it's a theme park within Uranus. I liked that it didn't have such long lines for the rides. The rides were awesome." The red-winged woman said as Eden put her hands up to her face and took in a moment to breathe and figure out what was going on.

As she did this a male grey winged medic came into the room with a bag and gave it to the woman beside Eden.

"I guess she seems ok, I know that for sure." The woman said after a small examination. the male walked around Eden and pointed to Eden's back with a shocked look on his face.

"Are you sure? I know this may just be me, or basic biology one oh one, but what about her wings, surely there ripped off or something?" The man said as politely as he could muster.

The woman just stood back up and went over to the man and said. "Do you see any blood. I mean If something severed her wings you see a lot of purple or green blood everywhere. Also, I checked she apparently doesn't even the bone structure for them." The woman said as the man looked surprised.

"Huh." he said.

"I can't be sure but I think we are dealing with an alien here. I know remarkably right. Besides for the lack of wing span she looks virtually identical in every other way imaginable to our kind. Funny that." The woman said as she handed the bag back to the man. The man shrugged and left as Eden stood up.