Movie Night

Ladybug's POV

"Good evening, Ladybug!" Chat chirped as he landed on the Eiffel Tower next to me.

"Hey, Chat!" I replied, giving him a warm smile in return.

We had just finished patrol, and we still had time before we detransformed, and actually talk, which rarely happened.

Chat stepped beside me, as I was leaning along the railing, looking over at the beautiful city. "I'm so glad to able to protect this city with you, Chat," I muttered softly.

"Me too, Ladybug! The best part is getting to see you." He joked, but something about his tone seemed unusual.

I turned to face him, as I asked, "Chat, is everything alright?" My eyes held concern and worry for my kitten. Even though I would never admit this out loud to my stupid cat, he means more to me than he thinks. We have been fighting rime side by side for almost three years. I've grown to know his sensitive, caring side, and I know that I would trust his with my life.

"Why would you say that, M'lady?" He questions, instead of answering me.

"Kitty, I've known you for 3 years already. I know when My Chaton doesn't feel well." I replied, giving him what I hoped would be a reassuring smile.

He smiled back at me, but I could easily sense that it was fake. "My...my father is...very strict. Today, my friends and I had a plan to watch a new movie at the theatre, but my dad declined. For once, I...I just wanted to do what my heart desired. I let all of my friends down...and..." Chat cut himself off as a small tear made its way down his cheek.

I didn't let him finish. Instead, I turned him around and wrapped my arms around his body. "M'lady, does he even care about me? Does anyone?" Chat answered, his voice barely a whisper.

I stiffened slightly in the embrace as he said 'anyone'. I stepped away from him, and said in a calm but determined voice, while stroking his cheek with my hand, and also wiping any more tears if they fell. "Chaton, a lot of people care about you. Your friends do. I'm sure your father does too, minou. He just doesn't show it. Most importantly, I care about you. More than ever.

"Chat, you've helped me overcome my fears for the past three years, cheered my up when I felt down, hugged me when I was lonely. Why do you think I wouldn't do the same for you?"

Chat smiled at me, one that was real. His sincere, genuine smile, that lights up the green spark of his eyes.

He reached forward and wrapped his arms around my waist and buried his face in the crook of my neck as he whispered sweet words of thanks in my ear. I stroked his back gently as we hugged, trying to make him feel better. Suddenly, an idea crossed my mind.

I immediately broke the embrace. Chat looked at me, puzzled, while I had a smug smile plastered on my face. "Say Chat? Have you watched Tangled?"

Chat narrowed his eyes in confusion, as he replied, "No...but why?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You'll see," I replied as I turned to leave. Then I faced him once again, "Wait for me at the Arc de Triomphe in fifteen minutes. And oh, don't forget to re-charge your kwami." I winked before swinging my yoyo and heading in the direction of my house.

Those fifteen minutes went by in a blur, as I prepared everything for Chat's surprise. I quickly rushed over to The Arc de Triomphe, as I realized I was a tad late.

"You're late, M'lady." Chat remarked, as soon as I landed next to him.

I scoffed and replied, "Your surprise took time, kitty."

Raising an eyebrow, Chat asked, "Hmm?"

"Well, you did say that you haven't watched Tangled. So why not watch it with me?"

"Wai-What?" Chat's mouth curled up in an 'o' shape, and his eyes widened.

"Come with me!" I exclaimed as I swung my yoyo, heading towards a nearby building. I turned around and saw Chat following close behind me.

After landing on the roof of the building, I showed Chat what I had set up. A small projector, blankets and popcorn, along with a DVD of Tangled.

"You didn't get to watch a movie with your friends, so why don't we watch it together!"

"M'lady, I-I don't know what to say!" he sucked in a breath, and then ran up to me and hug me. "Thank you!" I smiled softly at him, as I returned the hug.

After setting up the projector, and playing the movie on the wall, I set the bowl of popcorn between us, as we sat down to eat.

Just when Rapunzel began singing about her busy lifestyle, Chat intertwined his hand in mine, and brought it to his lips, gently kissing it whispering "Thank you" to me.

In retrospect, I would've yanked my hand away, or tapped his nose playfully, but I didn't do that today. Instead, I found myself smiling and blushing over a gesture that had occurred hundreds of times before.

Maybe after all these years, this cat has somehow managed to inch closer to my heart. Adrien? He wasn't anywhere near my trail of thoughts.

Trying to dissipate the awkward tension that hung between us, I decided to grab some popcorn. But Chat had the same idea.

Our heads collided as we reached forward, causing us to look up in a hurry. A matching blush dusted both our cheeks as we stared at each other, How many times such an event had occurred in a battle, I had lost count. But somehow, this particular moment seemed much more intimate than any other.

Our bubble burst when 'I've got a dream' began blaring through the speaker connected to the projector.

"Dance with me, M'lady!" Chat exclaimed enthusiastically, pulling me up. I looked at him with confusion, before giving in and following the beats while giggling.

By the end of the song, we were completely exhausted and fell on top of each other.

Coupled with the late hour of the night, and the exhaustion after dancing, I felt my eyelids getting heavier, as my head rested on Chat's shoulder. The last thing I remember from that night was Chat pulling me closer, planting a kiss on my cheek and whispering, "Good night, M'lady. I love you." And I just snuggled closer to his welcoming warmth.