Scarf Reveal

Soft, frosty flakes were falling down the sky as a group of four teenagers made their way to the park. The pair of brunette blogger and DJ moved hand in hand as they were followed by the Baker’s daughter and the famous Model who were carelessly chatting of the much-awaited holiday season. 

Christmas spirit was in the air, in the jingling of the bells, the decorated houses and trees, and even every flake of snow falling from the sky. It was everywhere, but mostly in every Parisian’s heart. 

Marinette immensely enjoyed the holiday season every year. The coldest time of the year was filled with the most warmth and love to offer. Of course that meant that the bakery would be busier than usual, but she enjoyed that. She enjoyed serving others during this time of love, affection, happiness and gratitude. 

She loved the spirit of Christmas. How bells chimed, how the streets were decorated with mistletoe and how the snow fell down the Parisian roads. 

Right then, she was with her best friends, strolling in the park, until Nino decided to hit Alya with a snowball. And just then, a heated snowball fight began with the girls against boys. 

By the time they were finished, with flushed cheeks and panting breaths, Adrien suddenly realized something. 

“Oh no! I’ll be late for my winter photoshoot!” He exclaimed, turning to the other three. 

 Marinette gave him a small, sad smile in return and all the three bid him a small farewell, and he ran ahead to join his shoot. 

As Adrien scurried through the park, small white flakes began falling again, leaving Paris covered in a new layer of snow, and one landed on his nose. He flinched from the icy feeling at the tip of his nose and buried his head further in the scarf he was wearing. 

That scarf meant a lot to him. Ever since he got it 3 years ago from his father. Well, not really, but you guys know that story, right? 

He reached his shoot just in time to begin changing into the new winter line his father had crafted. Of course, he still didn’t enjoy modelling for his father, and being a sort of puppet to him, but there was nothing he could do, nothing that would change his mind. And so Adrien found himself liking his job which he had by now got undeniably accustomed to. 

He took off that scarf with the rest of his overcoats, but as he exited the changing room, he handed the scarf to Natalie, and spoke, “Please keep it safely, Natalie. I wish to wear it after the shoot” 

Natalie only nodded in approval as she motioned for Adrien to begin his makeup after offering a small smile. 

For Adrien, the shoot went by in a blur. All he could think about was the holiday season. How he would spend it with his friends, who he called family. How he would see His beloved Lady on the eve of the auspicious day. 

After slipping his coats back on, and taking the scarf back from Natalie, Adrien proceeded towards the car which was scheduled to take him home, while his father’s assistant would come after clearing up and surveying the outtakes of the photoshoot. 

That silent ride to home, Adrien had nothing better to do than to stare out the window, look at the happy frolicking children of the beautiful city he could call his. How he loved protecting this place! 

He quietly moved to his room, as upon entering the mansion he was greeted by nothing but silence. 

Plagg abruptly zoomed out of Adrien’s scarf folds, where he had hid and stretched himself a bit. 

“That scarf sure is warm, kid!” He remarked. 

“And my favourite. It was the only gift my father ever gave me.” Adrien replied, humming a tune as he folded the scarf.