Cat-astrophe

Ladybug's POV

"There's no point in this, Contraire! You know we will win against you!" I shouted over to the Akuma, as a launched my yoyo to block a toy plane it launched on me.

I had to admit, this was a tough Akuma. I glanced over at Chat, we had to end this once and for all. He nodded in return as he knew what to do.

As Chat lunged forward to distract Contriare, I summoned up my lucky charm, which was an extendable pole. Seemed weird, since we already had Chat's staff.

I tried to see how I was supposed to use the lucky charm but in vain.

A sudden cry shook me out of my thoughts at once and whipped my head around, "M'lady!"

"Chat, NO!" I screamed as I shot my yoyo, which only proved to be seconds late.

The damage was done, the plane had hit Chat's hand. And more specifically, his miraculous.

A bright green light surrounded Chat, as his body was lifted up, and when the light died down, a small black kitten landed on his feet.

The kitten meowed and wobbled, but quickly ran to reach behind me.

I looked at the kitten in disbelief, but then with visible anger and determination, I looked back at Contraire.

"You! You made my kitty an actual kitten! You are not getting away that easily now, Contraire!" I spat.

I now knew what that extendable pole was for, and I quickly used to vault towards Contraire and wrap him withing the chords of my yoyo.

I yanked the necklace away and broke it, freeing the Akuma and quickly purifying it. Heading over to where Chat was, I picked him up in my arms as he softly meowed.

"Oh minou, how do we fix this?" I softly whispered to him.

He pawed towards the extendable pole lying next to my feet. "You think it'll work?" I asked him. He gave me an expression that read 'wouldn't hurt to try?'

I smiled and nodded at him, as he leapt from my arms, and I threw the pole in the air yelling "Miraculous Ladybug!"

The ladybugs surrounded the city, slowly working on cleansing everything damaged during the fight. Chat was the last to be affected by them and his small frame was lifted up.

But of course, it couldn't have been that easy.

Someone had to cause a disruption. Chloe!

"Ladybug!" She shrieked as she ran over to me, without looking at where she was going. Her feet struck a rock and her hand yanked Chat down, still in his kitten form.

I gasped as I saw both of them fall down and roll on the ground.

I quickly ran to pick up Chat, and then I helped Chloe up, "Ladybug! I'm so sorry!" She replied. "It's okay Chloe, it was an accident."

My attention was then brought back to Chat squirming in my arms, and quickly bid farewell to Chloe.

My expression soon turned worried, as I registered this fact that Chat was still a kitten.

"Chat, how do we fix this?" I asked him, bringing him close to my face.

"I don't know, meow-lady!" My eyes widened as I realized that he could now speak.

"You just spoke!" But Chat seemed to be having a similar reaction as he used his paw to scratch his neck.

"Things can't get any worse, can they?" Chat purred.

But right at that moment, my Miraculous beeped, signalling I only had 3 minutes until I detransform.

"There! You jinxed it, Chat!" I scolded him. But he gave me one of the cutest kitty eyes ever. I sighed as I contemplated the situation.

But no avail. There was no other way, I'll have to show Chat my identity. "Meow-lady! Go and detransform, I'll go home on my own."

"No way am I leaving you! Why would I ever leave you alone, kitty!" I defended. I picked him as I landed in a nearby alleyway. My Miraculous beeped again, and Chat gazed at me.

"It's your lucky day, huh?" I laughed humourlessly. "Before I detransform, I have to tell you, I might not be the one you expect to be Ladybug. I'm her complete opposite. But please, don't hate me." I completed as I closed my eyes.

"M'lady, why do think I would ever hate you? You'll be purrfect no matter what!" Chat replied as he snuggled next to my leg.

I felt a wave of relief when Chat said those words, but nonetheless, my heart pounded against my ribs.

My transformation wore off and slowly opened my eyes, seeing Tikki look exhausted and she dove in my bag for sweets.

I looked below to see Chat looking at me with disbelief. But then his expression softened, and I picked him up again. "No wonder you're Ladybug. You're purrfect Marinette!" He purred as he curled himself in my arms.

I quickly walked towards the bakery, and somehow managed to escape my mom's fussing about the kitten unscathed. After reaching my room, worry once again washed over my features.

"Chat, we still have no idea what to do with you!" I told him.

He was sitting on my lap, while I was stroking his immensely soft fur.

"I couldn't stay like that forever, right? It has to wear off." He replied looking back at me.

I laid down on the bed, my feet dangling off as Chat moved to curl on my stomach.

I picked him up, and brought him close to my face again, "Well, at least you're a really cute kitten now!" I joked.

He playfully licked my nose as a response to my earlier comment. As I held him above my face, I could see his green eyes shine down at me. His small whiskers, and soft black fur, with pointed ears.

I moved my face slightly and pressed my lips on his nose. And a bright green light engulfed Chat once more.

But when the light died down, it wasn't Chat who was on top of me, it was Adrien.

I couldn't form any words, my eyes wide with shock. But happiness flooding me. Adrien looked back at me with a similar expression, unable to speak. We just stared into each other's eyes, until he began to lean in.

My eyes fluttering close, and my heart pounding, I closed the distance between us, pressing my lips to his.

He effectively deepened the kiss by pulling me up and as close as he could, and as a response, I slid my hand in his hair.

We slowly broke apart, with matching fiery blushes and wide grins, as he cleared his throat and replied, "I-I'm s-sorry. F-For that-"

But I abruptly cut him off by saying, "I love you."

It was only after a moment I realized what I had just said when I saw his eyes turn to dots. I slapped a hand over my mouth as began mumbling incoherently, "I m-mean. I mean-"

But this time, he cut my rambling off by saying, " I love you too." And then his lips were on mine again.

But we soon sprang apart as a crash followed by a boom was heard outside. I groaned as I looked at him, while he just smirked.

He got off the bed and helped me up too. "Let's go, M'lady!" He winked as he kissed my hand, and we both called our transformation.

Hand in hand, we jumped from the bakery balcony towards the crash, ready to save Paris once again.