My Lucky Charm

Marinette/Ladybug’s POV

“Marinette, take it easy! You still have three days left!” Tikki squeaked as I frantically ran here and there around my room, picking up various rolls of fabric, spools of thread and boxes of needles. 

“Exactly Tikki! I have only three days left till the Mayor’s ball! Adrien’s gonna be there! My dress has to be perfect!” I huffed out in one breath, as I stopped for a second and then continued. 

I had a pink layered dress laid out on my mannequin, which faded into a light blue towards the end. It had a matching Venetian mask, in pink, adorned with sparkles and beads on it. 

The dress was almost finished, I only had finishing touches to add, like roses of the belts, or lace on the sleeves. 

“Marinette, it’s one in the morning! You have school, please go to sleep!” My kwami urged. 

I dropped the ribbons I was holding. 

“What?!” I shrieked, and then clasped a hand over my mouth as I realized I might wake up my parents. “It’s one?! Oh, shoot!” I darted to the bathroom as I quickly began changing into my nightdress and brushing my teeth. 

As I stepped out of my bathroom, exhaustion was taking over me, and I began yawning. I slipped under the covers and fell into a dreamless, but much-needed slumber. 

~~Time skip to the eve of the ball~~

The day of the ball rolled around, and school flew by faster than usual. Amidst the chaos of closing the bakery, finishing the cake Mr Bourgeois had ordered, I somehow managed to stay calm and don my dress. 

To finish my outfit, I had light eye makeup, slipped on some heels and brushed my hair, all the while talking to Alya. 

“Yes, Alya. I have my heels...No, my hair is open today..ok ok, I’ll meet you at the hotel, I’m leaving...Bye, love ya!”

As I hung up, I glanced at my dressing table, and there, kept in a small box was the lucky charm bracelet Adrien gave me. I quickly slipped that on as well, since I always carry it with me. 

I huffed as I straightened my dress and slipped downstairs to meet my parents. After loading the cake in the box, we hurried over to the hotel. 

My parents parted shortly after we reached and Alya rushed over to me, dragging Nino behind her. “Girl, you look awesome!” She squealed. And then Nino added, “Dudette, go get Adrien!” He pointed to where the said blond boy stood with a drink in his hand, wearing a tuxedo, with a pastel blue bow tie. 

And handsome, would be an understatement for him. 

Alya and Nino gave me a thumbs-up as they left me to go over to Adrien. And that was when he noticed me. He waved at me, his sweet smile never leaving his face and motioned for me to join him.

I strode over to him, ready to greet him, but Chloe decided to interrupt us. 

“Adrikins! Come to the dance floor with me!” She flung herself on him. From the looks of Adrien’s face, I could tell he was very uncomfortable. 

“Uhhh, Chloe. I don’t really want to as of now. Can you please let go of me!” Adrien choked out.

“Oh, Adrien! PLEASE! You’ll love it!” Chloe pleaded, and I rolled my eyes. Adrien gave an apologetic smile my way, as he shoved Chloe away, “Chloe, I’m sorry. But I was going to take Marinette to the dance.” He replied seriously, shuffling and straightening his suit. 

Chloe looked at him in disbelief, as Adrien clasped my hand. I knew this was not the time to be flustered, so I kept my heart cool and played along.