Love, anonymous

A letter.

Yeah, that's right, a letter. That's what floated through her window that afternoon when she was finishing her homework on her desk. Her kwami had alerted her about the white envelope falling from her open window.

Someone had dropped it for her. Surprising, as it didn't come through the mailbox, right? But Marinette knew the reason why it was delivered to her from her window.

It wasn't a regular letter. Oh no! It was a love letter.

A declaration of love sealed within a small white letter, with a small heart at the corner.

And Marinette knew, she loved the person who was writing the letter. Of course, she liked Adrien. But the writer had something that made her heart flutter and stomach churn in a way Adrien could never.

A part of her hoped it was Adrien writing these letters, but a part of her hoped for someone else.

Every week, sometimes once, sometimes twice, she would find letters in the most unusual and unpredictable places. Some would be in the locker, some would be dropped from her window. Some would be left on her desk, some on her balcony.

It remained a mystery to how this love letter writer could deliver these letters to her unnoticed, but he definitely made her lovesick over this writer.

Well, she loves this guy, so they should be together, right? But I think I missed one detail while narrating, the writer stays anonymous.

So she has no inkling of who her mystery admirer is. She wishes to know, but she doesn't know how to find out. He disguises his handwriting too well to recognise.

Marinette's smile turned wide as she held the letter that had just dropped, slightly hoping he would reveal himself. Of course, she knew that was far from possible, but hey! A girl can hope.

There is was, exactly in the same format as the others. A beautiful, heartstopping letter.

"My dear love,

You're as beautiful as the most amazing blossom in the world. Your eyes are as deep as the alluring ocean, with the sun reflecting on its surface. Your smile lights up my life, and I love the fact that I love you.

I've never been intimidated in my life; never been the type to get scared. But when it comes to you, I can't even tell you my name. Which is why I stay anonymous. But one day, my love, one day, I'll tell you. All about myself.

The mere sight of you makes my heart skip a beat. It makes you the only one I see. And the only one I want. I want to be with you more than I've ever wanted anything. And I'll give up everything just for your love, affection and kisses.

Love,
Anonymous."

Marinette tugged her bottom lip to hide her smile and blush that had grown after reading the letter. She remembered the first time she had gotten one. It was neatly on her desk, along with a small red rose.

She loved receiving these letters, and the person behind them all.

She re-sealed the love letter back in the envelope and opened her drawer. She swiftly let the letter fall on a pile of all the others, which she kept in her drawer so it would always be close to where she worked.

The letters were always a source of happiness. They made her feel loved and valued. Respected and cared for. And mostly, they twitched her heartstrings in the most delirious way.

She proceeded to work then, with a reinvigorated mind and a singing heart.

Weeks had flown by, and she has gotten used to letters being mysteriously dropped by her secret admirer. But one particular evening, it happened to be at a slightly wrong time.