Ice Skating AU

Chat Noir's POV

I smiled to myself as I entered the big building of the skating rink, with my bag of skates slung over my shoulder.

After donning my costume, I adjusted the black mask with cat ears on my face as I looked once more in the mirror and exited the dressing room.

The waiting room was buzzing with enthusiastic competitors, hurrying here and there, some adding finishing touches to their costumes, and some stretching for their routines.

I checked the chart to look at my performance number and found out that I was 12 out of the 14 competitors. As my eyes trailed to my name, I briefly saw the name above mine which managed to catch my eye.

Ladybug.

I gasped slightly and wondered if it could actually be what I was thinking. But that was unlikely.

My own look and performance was based upon an ancient French legend about heroes named Ladybug and Chat Noir, but could it be that someone else had the same idea?

My look was inspired by the hero of destruction, Chat Noir. With black cat ears, a tail and a black skin-tight suit.

I decided to push it off, thinking it must be a coincidence.

But when a girl, about my age, with midnight blue hair, and a ladybug printed mask strode over in the room, I was at a loss for words.

Not only was she the other half of my performance, but also she was so gorgeous in that suit!

My heart began to race the moment I saw her, and I looked away to avoid any embarrassment.

After all the contestants had to line up, keeping my eyes off her was a difficult task. She had something about her. Something that made my heart crazy.

Oh no.

I waited in anticipation for my turn to be called out, but she performed just before me. As I watched her angelic movements through the small television in the waiting room, I couldn't help but wish I was dancing on the ice right beside her.

Wouldn't that make her performance complete?

Throughout the performance, I couldn't wipe that goofy grin off my face and stared at every step she made.

She finished with a double axel. Which she perfected to the top.

I spun myself out of my daze and nervously reached forward towards the rink. With a smile of appreciation to this masked girl named Ladybug, I headed to begin my performance.

My music played, as I slowly started my routine, with flips and twists much more masculine than the previous performance. I finished with a final jump and landed smoothly on the ice.

After my scores had been noted down by the judges I made my way back to the waiting room, as I sat down on my seat, with anxiousness.

The results had to come after all the performances, and since there were only two left, it was really close.

I crossed my fingers in hopes that I would make it to the next round.

There would be only six people making it to the next round, which would be the duet round.

The results rolled around, and one by one four of the six names were called out. I had almost given up hope, when the next name called was mine!

I did it! I made it to the next round. The competitors gave me a round of applause, as I glided over to the skating rink once more.