Jealousy

Chat Noir's POV

~~~flashback~~~

"Pound it!" I fist-bumped Ryuko and then help my fist for Ladybug to respond.

But she didn't.

"Ladybug, you're leaving me hanging," I told her.

"Uhh...sorry! I have to go!" She replied and zipped away.

"But Ryuko and her- nevermind!" I groaned as I called out to her and failed.

After collecting Ryuko's miraculous and safely keeping it with me, I decided to stay out for a while. Plagg had taken a break and was recharged again so it didn't matter.

Today's fight was not normal. Heck! It wasn't even close. Ladybug never listened to my plans, and when Ryuko tried helping she just put her off. I don't know what's gotten into her.

I sighed as I went above the rooftops. Maybe one day, all my questions would be answered.

~~~flashback 2~~~

"Rena, use your staff!" I yelled at the said superhero, but something caught the Akumatized villain before.

Ladybug's yoyo wrapped around the villain as she crushed the pendant it was wearing to free the Akuma.

She purified everything in no time when I was about to high five her for our win, she dragged Rena and herself out without speaking a word to me.

My heart shattered right then, but I knew she would never like me anyway. I was trying to give up on her, but her hatred is something I cannot live with.

I pulled myself together and made it back home.

This was not gonna be easy, and something told me that this was just the beginning.

~~~flashback ends~~~

It was almost time for patrol and time for me to get my answers. This needs to stop, I don't get why Ladybug has been avoiding me for so long. 

I waited in sheer anticipation and anxiousness for Ladybug to show up, and when she did she said nothing but nodded to me.

With a heavy heart, I patrolled the north and west of the city, my thoughts circled around the conversation I might have with Ladybug.

I landed earlier than Ladybug, but she came just moments after me, but just as usual, was saying that she had to go.

But before she could swing, I caught her arm, "Ladybug wait!"

She sighed dejectedly and said, "What, Chat?" quite annoyed.

"Ladybug...why do you hate me?" I began.

"Wh-what?!"

"I said, Why do you hate me?!" I said, louder this time.

She scoffed and replied, "What tell you so?"

I studied the choice of her words before replying, seeing how she had never been this formal with me. It was...too monotonous.

I let that slide as I answered in what I hoped would be a confident tone, "You've been ignoring me."

She scoffed again, "So?!"

My eyes widened at this. I confront her about ignoring me, and she says so?! That's literally all she says. She didn't even deny the fact that she had been ignoring me. Anger began to boil in lurking corners of my body and my eyebrows narrowed.

I don't know what came over me when I just lashed out at her, holding my hands pressed to my sides and screaming,

"That's all you say?! 'So?!' You, don't even deny the fact that you have been ignoring me?! What has gotten into you?! Ladybug...answer me!" I demanded.

But then I saw the fear in her eyes. Fear, from me.

She shook herself away and said, "Why do you even care about me?! Don't you have Rena Rouge and Ryuko?!"

An arrow shot through my heart right at that moment. Is that what she really thought?

My eyes widened and my mouth hung agape, as she simply turned around and zipped away after saying, "Goodbye, Chat Noir."

After recovering from my momentarily shock, I quickly took off after her, scanning the city roofs for her.

At last, I found her, crouched beside a wall, as she sobbed into her knees. She looked up as she heard my footsteps.

Her face changed from sad to fear in a matter of seconds as she laid her eyes on me, but replied, "Go away!"

"Ladybug, listen," I began again, "I'm sorry. I'm sorry for lashing out on you like that. I'm sorry for screaming at you," I kneeled down beside her and wiped her tears away, "I'm sorry for whatever I've done that has made you hate me."

She looked up at me, tears still glistening in her eyes and she whispered, "I don't hate you."

"What?"

"I never did. It's not what you think."

"Ladybug, please. What happened?" I asked again, my voice breaking.

"Chat...I...I miss you! The old you! The one who used to call me 'M'lady' and 'Bugaboo' and I would playfully roll my eyes. The one who would kiss my hand. The one who would flirt with me every single battle. The one with the stupid puns but a gold heart! The version of Chat...I loved!"

She looked down after finishing her small speech as tears made their way down her cheeks again.

I put my hand on her chin and tilted her face towards me, gently.

"Ladybug...I love you. YOU! I've always loved you. And I always will love you. It's true...I tried giving up my feelings for you. But my heart couldn't. It hurt too much to let you go. But I knew I would never be the one you love." By the time I finished, tears rolled from my eyes too. I had hurt the love of my life. So much.

Ladybug wrapped her arms around me, and whispered, "Please Chat. Please, come back to me. I loved every bit of attention you gave me. Please, please don't give it to someone else."

I could feel her tears on my suit, but it was her words that surprised me.
"M'lady? You were jealous? Of Ryuko and Rena Rouge? Is that why..."

I cut myself off as she broke the hug, and I saw her slowly nod her head.

I tilted her head up one more time and said, "You'll be the only girl in this cat's heart, Bugaboo."

And then my lips crashed down on hers, pouring every ounce of love I had for this girl in it.