I'll always be here

Chat's POV

Even though it wasn't a new villain, defeating it was one of the hardest tasks somehow. Riposte had returned, much stronger than before.

Kagami lost a crucial fencing tournament and wasn't selected for the next round, and her mother blamed her for the lack of practice. Which led to her being in control of Hawkmoth.

"Give it up, Riposte! There is no point in showing your worth while in control of Hawkmoth!" Ladybug yelled at the Akuma.

I tried to use my staff as a sword, to block her gashes out, but she was much more powerful than me.

With one swift movement she launched me hurdling through the air and I landed on my back. My head ached, and so did my legs, and I wobbled while getting up.

Out of the corner of the ground, I saw Ladybug going to attack Riposte, but she turned around to look for me.

"Ladybug, turn around!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, but just a second too late.

Riposte's sword stabbed her in the stomach, and she covered the wound while falling backward. I rushed up, and ran to Riposte and yelled Cataclysm while running.

With one swift motion, I broke the sword in anger, and captured the butterfly in an empty jar.

With the lucky charm in my hand, I quickly rushed to Ladybug, who was bleeding a lot, and whispered. "Please, M'lady, you need to throw this up!" I urged her.

I could see her mustering all of the strength she had, while throwing it up and whispering "Miraculous Ladybug." just when her kwami let go of her transformation.

It wasn't Ladybug in my arms anymore, it was Marinette. My princess, my sweet classmate. The girl I was in love with. She was dying.

I quickly picked her up in bridal style and rushed her ti the hospital.

"Bystander!" I yelled as I took her to the nurses.

She was immediately put on stretchers and sent to the imergency ward, while I stayed behind, trying my hardest to blink the tears away.

I quickly hid in an alleyway, as Plagg dropped my transformation. I was Adrien now, and my body was trembling from the shock.

Plagg zoomed in my pocket, along with Tikki, Ladybug's kwami, who needed to recharge after suffering the impact.

The news of Marinette being hurt spread like wildfire, and her parents, Alya and Nino, all were informed.

I was already in the hospital when they came, crying silent tears. The doctors never deemed her state as stable, and we could lose her any minute.

Sabine and Tom sat down, Tom trying to comfort his wife. Alya came and sat next to me, while crying, and so did Nino.

Tom then softly asked me, "Son, do you know what happened?"

I wiped away my tears as I replied, "The Akuma got her somehow, Chat Noir was the one to rescue her. I was nearby and came as soon as I got the news."

The waiting area was silent again, everyone's head hung in despair. My own thoughts were running out of control. Tears flowed again, as I thought back ti every single moment I spent with her. Her. How I loved the taste of that word on my tongue.

Her beautiful, oceanic, raven eyes. Her midnight blue hair. How she slightly blushed everytime she talked to me, how her smile lit up my world.

I might never tell her that I loved her. I might never hear her voice again, or kiss her soft lips, or...