Bugaboy

Marinette's POV

"I made it!" I panted as I barged into the classroom, right as the bell marking the commencement of classes rang.

"Barely," replied Alya, "You have got to be on time, girl!"

"I swear, Alya. I woke up early today. My new design had a mishap! I had to fix it before I came!" I tried explaining myself, while she just chuckled.

"Sit down, class." Miss Bustier commanded, as she entered the class with her papers and began calling out our names, for attendance.

As the bell for our History lecture, which was the first class of the day rang, Alya whispered to me, "Oh and Adrien was asking about you this morning." With a small nudge on my shoulder, and a wink, she picked up her supplies and went ahead with Nino.

I blushed slightly, as I looked towards the blond boy in front of me. He turned around and waved at me, with one of his most sincere smiles, and I descended down the steps to join him.

"H-hey Adrien! Alya told me you were asking about me today morning?" I asked shyly.

"Hi, Marinette! Yes, I actually wanted to tell you about something. My father asked me. How about we chat at lunch and head to History class now?"

"Yeah, sure!" was my reply.

School seemed to fly by faster than usual, most probably because I was excited to talk to Adrien at lunch. When the bell for recess rag, Alya gave me a knowing look, and wished me luck to go ask Adrien.

I slowly approached him and called to him. He turned towards me again and I began, "Adrien, what did you want to tell me?"

"Oh, yes! My father has a jewellery line launching in a few weeks, and it is to be modelled today evening. Unfortunately for us, our model, Belle is sick. I recommended you to my father as a model, since I know you're a big fan and one of the most talented designers I know. And he agreed. so basically, I'm asking you to come to the photoshoot with me." He finished.

I was completely flabbergasted by the time he did. He recommended me to his father?! Is this a dream?! Please don't wake me up if this is!

Snapping out of my daze, I quietly replied, "Of course, Adrien. Thank you!"

"I'll meet you at the park at 4 then!" He replied jovially, and we proceeded to eat before resuming classes.

I could hardly wait for it to be four, but I had a long afternoon of working in the bakery before that. When it finally was time to leave, I changed into a fun summer dress, and headed to the park. I was a few minutes early, just to be sure.

Adrien waved to me from afar, and I waved back as I jogged towards him.

"Hey, Marinette! So glad you could come!" He smiled at me while guiding me to the jewellery that was laid out.

The makeup artists, along with Natalie, instructed us to put on our jewellery. We had most of it ready, until a pair of earings was handed to me, with a ring to Adrien.

"Ummmm, is it necessary to wear that?" We both asked in unison, and then glanced at each other, flustered.

But I knew, there was no way I could get around this. I simply sighed and took my earings off, and told the artists that I'll be back after putting them in my bag.

"I'm sorry Tikki, but I have to do this." I whispered to her.

"Don't worry, Marinette. It'll be okay!" She reassured me.

I ran back to begin the photoshoot, as I saw Adrien was already in position.

Everything was going smoothly, we had good lighting, Pierre was yelling out instructions, and Adrien guided me through the shots.

But of course, something had to go wrong.

A loud crash, accompanied by the screaming and running if frightened citizens was heard, as a gigantic creature lunged into the park.

I quickly ran to find a place to transform, but only when it was too late did I realize that Tikki wasn't with me.

I frantically looked around for her, but in vain. Most of the things at the park were in a chaos, and my only hope was that Tikki would find me.

"Hello, Ladybug? Is that you?" A small voice said.

I turned around to face Plagg, the black cat kwami. Looks like Lady Noire was back.

"Plagg, hand me the ring! We have no time to waste!" I slid the ring in my finger and called the transformation. I just hope Tikki would find Chat Noir in time.

As I jumped forward towards the Akuma, which was now heading to the Eiffel Tower, I saw that Mister Bug was doing the same. So Tikki did find him.

"I am Dream Crusher. I wish to steal every Parisian' a dream, just like mine was taken away from me!" The Akuma yelled.

"In your dreams!" I screamed to grab it's attention, and it turned to face me with an evil look.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mister Bug ready to charge at the Akuma from behind, so I decided to turn it in a different direction.

"Cat-ch me if you can, dreamer!" I shouted as I began jumping from roof to roof.

Mister Bug launched his yoyo, but Dream Crusher easily for away, and yanked him back.

I gasped as I saw him being hurled through the air, and I quickly ran to him, and helped him up his feet.

"Mister Bug, we need a plan, quick!" I told him.

"I think we need the help of the...Lucky Charm!" He summoned his Lucky Charm and a spray bottle dropped in his hands.

He looked around in confusion, as I asked, "Any ideas?"

He shook his head and secured the spray bottle as we jumped right back into the battle. Dream Crusher was still around the Eiffel Tower, zapping different people.

Looking around once more, Mister Bug said triumphantly, "Found it! Lady Noire, you take the back!"

I nodded in return and crept around the back of Dream Crusher, while Mister Bug approached it.

With one swift jump, he launched himself up, and sprayed directly in his eyes. He stumbled back from the impact, and Mister Bug yelled, "Now!"

Unleashing my Cataclysm, I ran forward and touched it's head, while Mister Bug had wrapped his yoyo around the Akuma.

A black butterfly flew out and Mister Bug caught it.

The Akuma changed back into a young man, with a helmet in his hand. I quickly explained and ushered him to safety, before facing Mister Bug.

"That was a pretty good fight, huh, Bugaboy?" I teased. Wow, this cat miraculous has its effects.

"Hey! Who're you calling Bugaboy?" He exclaimed, his face going red.

He launched his yoyo at me, but missed me by inches, but what I failed to notice was the fact that his yoyo had caught my hair lose.

My hair was opened from its braid form, and was now flowing till my knees. I blinked a few times as I saw what had happened, my face flushed.

Glancing over at Mister Bug, his own expression matched mine. He couldn't take his eyes off me, and I could see a cute blush forming on his cheeks.

"Your eyes really are green..." I muttered unknowingly.

He seemed caught in a daze while he whispered, "Kiss me."

Let's just say, I wasn't disappointed by this hasty thinking at all.