Chapter 11

Elise

Three Months Later.

After Elise was kidnapped and held again her well, she wasn't the same person. when she got home she felt depressed.

Some days she would wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares from what happened.

And wouldn't go to sleep till the morning.

Most days she spent throwing up everything she ate.

Elise spent the day trying to mustard the courage to write a letter too Rakiem about how she's living for a while to get herself together and find herself again.

After Elise finished writing the letter she walked upstairs to finish packing the rest of her things to she can head to the airport. As she was packing her last bag she burst out in tears thinking how her life has been.

Elise felt her phone buzzing in her pocket, she pulled it out seen that Rakiem calling her, not bring herself to answer the phone she silent the phone, he called two more times after that and then just stopped calling. once it stopped showing he was calling she packed the rest of her things.

Rakiem Pov

After rakiem tried to call Elise 3x he felt something wasn't right. he grabbed all his stuffed and let the trapped with his friends calling after him. He jumped in his dodge charger and speed towards her house. He didn't stop at one red light.

Arriving at elise apartment, he picked the locks and burst in the house.

"ELISE."

"ELISE."

"ELISE."

"ELISE."

"ELISE."

"ELISE."

he kept screaming her name but she didn't respond. he walked into the kitchen a folded piece of paper with his name written on it. he opened the paper read it.

Dear Ra,
I'm so appreciative of you. You've helped me get through so many things in my life which is one of the hardest challenges I've faced during my many years on this planet. You are the best guy a girl can ask for. You have taught me so much during the number of months I've known you. You are truly a blessing sent from heaven. and with that i wish well i can't go on being here. around you. all I've down since I've known you got you mixed up in my fucked up life. and you could've been hurt. i hope you aren't mad that i just up and left.

Love, Elise.

When he finished reading the note he felt his chest tight and tears streaming down his face. his emotions were all over the place. he started to feel lost and hopeless. This was the same feeling when i lost my parents.

Rakiem walked around the house trying to get his thoughts together. He started walking into her room trying to see if she left any hints to where she could be going. When he entered the room he heard the shower running. He opened the bathroom room door and saw her in the tub.

He stared at her through the bathroom mirror, he examined her face and seen how pale and puffy her eyes looked. Which meant she has been crying all day. he silently closed the bathroom door and waited for her to come out so he could talk to her.

While he waited he pulled out his phone to boke two plane tickets to Mykonos Greece since that's one of her places to visit.

Rakiem heard the bathroom door open and out stepped Elise. once she fully stepped out she seen rakiem sitting on the bed. she looked at him and then dropped her head down trying not to make eye contact with him. She went into her closet and put on her clothes trying to find the right words to say.

"Why didn't you just come to me and tell me what was going on with you E ?" rakiem asked her.

" Because kiem, it's hard for me to talk about why I'm depressed and why i feel a certain away. After i lost my first child i feel into depression, i had no one talk to so i just bottled all my emotions up inside and tried to continue on with life."

Once she finished talking kiem stood up and walked towards her and wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

"mane you're not alone okay? i care about you a lot and i don't want you ever to feel like you have to run away me from to gain happiness, as long as your with me im make sure you're happy because i love you and you mean everything to me. everything is going to get better i promise. Baby.

Always remember "No matter what you're going through, there's a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you'll find the positive side of things."

Elise didn't say anything but hug his body tighter and start crying.

"come baby i gotta go home and pack my bags so we don't miss our flight."

Elise picked her head up off his chest and looked at him in confusion.

"what you mean? where you going?

" WE are going on vacation for awhile. we going to leave our phones here and just spend time together."

"where are we going?"

" Don't worry bout it, sweetheart. just vibe okay?"

Elise didn't say anything else but nod her head.

Elise and Kiem took her bags to his car and drove to his house.

Once parked outside his house he turned towards elise and grabbed her by the chin and kissed her passionately.

"you coming in or are you staying out here?" he asked her while looking into her eyes.

"staying out here." elise said while blushing

he didn't say anything else but nod his head.

He walked into the room and packed a couple of bags, once he finished he went into his drawer and pulled out a little box and out it into his bag.

Rakiem put his bags in the car and started driving. the only thing you heard was wishful thinking playing faintly in the background.

Falling out of empty space
Hold me
Dont recognize my own damn face
This ain't me
Sometimes I wonder if I could go back
Would I change it
Sometimes I wonder if I could just be,
Be different Would you want me then
Would you want me then
Tell me that you want me
I'm trying to make you want me
Tell me that you want me
I'm trying to make you want me
Or is it just wishful thinking

Excuse me while I fall too deep
Love me
I'm not too good at casual things
Don't judge me
Sometimes I wonder if it was just me
Who loved you
Sometimes I wonder if I had played cool
Would you still be here
Would you want me then
Tell me that you want me
I'm trying to make you want me
Tell me that you want me
I'm trying to make you want me
Or is it just wishful thinking.

as the song continued to play Elise and Rakiem fingers laced together, they both turned to each other and stared at one another not saying a word. Their eyes could tell one another what they were thinking.

Arriving at the airport Kiem grab these noise-canceling headphones and headed them to elise and instructed her not to take them off until he said so.

Kiem found a place to sit the bags and told elise he'll be back. he went to the front desk and had them print the flight tickets.

he went back and sat down next to elise and wrapped his around her. she laid her on his shoulder and closing her eyes. he leaned down kissed her forehead.

" I love you so much baby." he told her while playing wit her hair,