Chapter 6

After the date was over, Dexter and Raven headed back to Ever After High. Raven kept looking back to the fields, wondering if anything would change from here on out. What she didn't notice was that Dexter was starting to act like his goofy dorky self again with looking over at Raven here and there. He could see her acting nervous and anxious, letting her mind roam with thoughts. A few moments later, they both got off of Nevermore glancing at each other before Dexter hugged her.

"Hey Raven...Thanks...thanks for giving me this opportunity to know you better Raven. Others may think or say different about you but they won't ever change the way I feel about you. Also I really loved your singing. It was beautiful."

Raven gasped, suddenly feel her face overheating. 

"Heh U-uh yeah thanks Dexter...You've made me realized a lot today. I appreciate it."

"Anytime. Well let's get you back to your dorm before anyone starts asking where we've been off to."

"Yeah."

Raven walked along side Dexter as they went to Raven's dorm. As soon as they got there, Raven said her goodbyes to Dexter and vice versa. Before she shut the door carefully, she ran up to him, giving him a 'farewell's kiss' on the cheek to the prince before waving goodbye once more. After shutting the door, Raven felt like her life had changed for one day.

When the dawn struck up the next day, it came to the usual. Heading to classes, having lunch, making the moments last before it was all over. Rumors went around that Thronecoming was approaching in 2 days so the candidates were to apply today or won't be on the ballet at all. Raven studied the board, showing 3 royals trying out for Thronecoming Queen. After being skeptical a bit, Maddie pops up out of nowhere. 

"Hey Raven!"

Raven jumped, feeling shaky one minute and looking back, seeing Maddie laughing madly. 

"Oh hey Maddie. What's up?"

"Well the narrators are and so is Earl Grey."

"Earl Grey?"

"Yeah my bestie who's wonderlandifully amazing! Sooo whatcha looking at?"

"OH! U-um just looking at the Thronecoming sign up sheets for Thronecoming Queen."

"Really? Who's on so far?"

"It says: Apple White, C.A. Cupid and Blondie Lockes which I'm guessing that all of them are royals. I'm not surprised I don't see any rebels on the chart."

Maddie nodded then an idea popped into her head. 

"Raven, what if YOU ran for Thronecoming queen? I've never met kids from Hextia try before and this is the first time things could be changed around in Ever After High! You should give it a try!"

"Maddie I'd like to join but I'm worried the other royals may cause more trouble for my friends and I since we are already planning to go."

"Then if you won't do it then I will!"

"Wait Maddie wh-"

Before Raven could finish, Maddie already went behind her and wrote her name down, leaving a speechless Raven. Raven could have gotten up and scribbled out her name but the ink of the pen was magical and wasn't able to be erased. Maddie bounced up and down, excited for Raven to try out. 

"Raven you're gonna do amazing! Besides, you are smart, caring and kind enough to put up with those royals. If they try to mess with you I'll be by your side til the end. Same goes for Cerise, Sparrow, Hunter and some who were thinking of becoming rebels like Poppy O'hair, Cedar Wood, Ashlynn Ella, Darling Charming and I who think following our destinies isn't what we are meant to do. We got you Raven."