Chapter 8

By the end of the night, Raven, Cerise, Sparrow and Hunter went back to their dorms when the dawn met the sky once again. Hours later, Dexter had already gotten up, ready to be fit into his formal suit for the coronation. Then as he finally got ready, his parents, Queen and King Charming walked in wanting to have a moment with their son. 

"Dexterous...I knew from the very moment when you were born that you were meant to rule as a great king. Seeing how you've faced obstacles and ruling over a kingdom with all mighty strength of your heart not by your crown, defining a good king in such a great manner. We are so very proud of you son." 

"Yes we are and Dexter, we are very happy to see you happy."

"Thank you mom and dad. Also there is someone I'd like you two to meet as I'm taking her to my coronation as my date."

Both parents looked shocked. Queen Charming looked confused.

"What about Apple White?"

"She...only dated me for my crown. This other girl is different. She actually loves me for me."

Queen Charming stayed quite until she walked up towards her son, hugging him.

"We will be happy to meet her. I bet she makes you a fine man Dexter."

"Yes she does mother. And father.."

Dexter turns towards his dad and looked at him straight into his eyes with confidence.

"I've never let you down before but...I'm hoping you will accept my new girlfriend who she is, not by the judgement of her background?"

King Charming stayed silent for a moment until he nodded his head. Away with the parents, leaving their son to make final touches before crowning him King of Fairway Land. After preparations around the main castle in Fairway Land were set, Dexter rode off in a carriage on his way to pick up Raven. With Raven, she was pacing back and forth as her dress was similar to Dexter's suit but in a silver and purple coloring. Maddie and Cerise were watching her, making sure that she wouldn't have another panic attack.

"What if Dexter is running late? What if I don't look good enough for his parents? What would his parents think? Would they hate me? I-"

Maddie got up and hugged Raven with a delightful smile that lit up the whole room.

"Raven...you are going to be just fine. No need to worry. Everything's gonna be alright."

Raven smiled, embracing the hug with Cerise joining in. After Maddie left, the girls discussed a bit about the final step towards the plan. Raven got out her spell book and put it in her purse.

"Ok so here it is: we go exactly according to plan. I walk along side Dexter, making my way towards the wand. You, Sparrow and Hunter watch from the balcony and when I give the signal, you three run down and we grab it, casting a spell to break the barrier around Hexita once and for all. Sounds good?"

"Yeah but what if something goes wrong? I mean our plan back at trying to get it in the library didn't actually work."

"Its gonna be fine Cerise besides if anything steps off unusual I'll tell you guys."

"Yeah and since you still have that spell under Dexter it's fine. It was nice being here at Ever After High while it lasted."

"Y-Yeah.."

All of a sudden, the girls heard a carriage pull up. They walked over to the window and saw that it was Dexter's, waiting for her. Cerise nudged at Raven and smirked.

"Well looks like your prince charming has arrived."

Raven laughed and blushed all the way down to the door, where Dexter met his date. He blushed instantly seeing how beautiful Raven turned out to be.