Sophie POV

I woke up in the Healing Center, completely confused. And then all the events came crashing down on me. If I'm being honest, I don't really remember much of what happened that day, but small bits and pieces started coming. I remember Havenfield being on fire, rounding up the animals, then talking to the Neverseen, stabbing Lady Gisela and being stabbed in the arm back, and then hearing someones voice before a fell. I don't remember what happened after, or when and how the Neverseen got to Havenfield, or why Havenfield was on fire, but I'm just glad that everyone's ok.

I opened my eyes more to see Elwin working on some medicines, already having a tray full. I internally groaned, thinking about all the terrible flavors they would have. I looked to see if anyone else was here and the room was empty, well empty except for Fitz. He was sleeping right next to me, or under me because I was mostly on top of him. I smiled to myself being thankful that I was able to have such a nice and caring boyfriend, even though we've been through some struggles.

Elwin must of noticed I was awake because he turned around with all the medicine.

"This is for you." He said. "And I didn't really have time to talk to you yesterday, but first of welcome back." I blushed when he said that, because, well, I don't know. "And second I'm going to need to give you something close to a body scan." He said.

My eyes went wide and I gave him a questioning look. Why does he need to give me a body scan!?

"I can see why you would be confused. I just need to make sure that all your cuts, no matter the size, are healing properly and that your bruises are going away. Nothing much, it shouldn't take me long if everything is going ok." Elwin said, eyeing Fitz.

"But Fitz will need to go. I can't really move you without risking your bandages reopening, and I'm also guessing that you'll want some privacy." Elwin said, going to grab his glasses and a bunch of other tools.

I looked at Fitz's peaceful sleeping form, and how it looked like nothing in the world was wrong before I careful started to shake him awake.

Fitz

Hm

Fitz, wake up. Elwin wants to give me a check up to make sure nothing is setting back my healing progress and to check on my vitals.

That seemed to wake him up because his eyes opened and he slowly got up, carefully moving me out of his way. I rolled my eyes at him for treating me like I'm some fragile doll.

"Hey." He said out loud. "I don't want anything to set back your progress and I don't want you to be in any pain."

I rolled my eyes again and shooed him out of the room. When I looked over to Elwin, he looked ready and gave me a small smile.

"First I'm going to need you to take all of your medicine before I can start." Elwin said walking over towards me.

I groaned and took all the medicine and gulped it all down. When I finished, I gave Elwin an evil eye because the medicine tasted disgusting. He just laughed and layed me down completely on the cot so he could get a better examination. Next, he took off all my bandages to check on the cuts. I winced a little at the pain, and he immediantly stopped.

"I haven't opened up your bandages since I put them on, they shouldn't be hurting to much." Elwin said, mostly to himself. 

He finished taking off the bandage in my side and his eyes went wide. He ran over to his office and came back with a bunch of different things, I didn't recognize any of them except for one thing.

"Oh no." I said. "No sedatives."

"I really need you to take this." He said, his eyes full of worry.