8. The lack of cheese is extremely disspointing

A/n: in case you've skipped last chapter, a short summary is given here:

Sophia is doing good in the hospital and gets to leave on Monday. Bethari forced Daisy to avoid Charles when Netflix follows him in case they'd portray them as a couple. Netflix actually showed up two days earlier than expected and after a nap together, Daisy opens the door for them when Charles still sleeps. Before Charles leaves with the Netflix crew, he asks her out for a date as friends, so that's where we are now, just before the date. Oh, and it's Friday now.

Like I imagined, I was back before he was. I avoided as many people as possible and brought way to many clothes, I was going to return more than half of it anyway, I didn't want to go to the fitting rooms in five different stores. Even though red was according to quite some people, my colour, I fell in love with a blue dress made of silk, when I put it on it looked a little like I got wrapped in a nice looking plastic bag, mainly because of the spaghetti straps that made my shoulders look broad. I combined the dress with a thick black belt and a denim jacket, which I could take off when it got too hot or we happened to go to a fancier place. In my opinion, heels looked beautiful, I could imagine myself parading around with glossy black stilettos, but they weren't the most comfortable shoe ever, wedges on the other hand; were slightly better to walk on, uglier, but still more formal than ballerinas or sneakers.

My makeup wasn't any different than usual and my hair looked good for what it was. I was proud of my fit and held a photoshoot in the mirror. My ex and the girl he cheated on me with, both still followed my Instagram, so I enjoyed taking a picture as revenge. I just posted it on my story, adding the text 'date night' with it, they didn't know it was between two friends, but to let that son of a bitch know he didn't matter anymore, felt good, a true moment of satisfaction. He still gave me nightmares, but I for sure knew we were never ever getting back together and now he could realise as well instead of sending creepy postcards.

After a while, I noticed some people in my dm's, Sabrina complaining about how I should've gone of red instead of blue, but I still looked pretty, one of my grandmas asking who the special person was, Lando stating how friends with benefits didn't mean seeing other people was okay, in which I responded that was like the whole point of no strings attached hooking up, then he changed the subject to why aliens didn't invade earth yet. I didn't understand either, but I liked space talk, so I went along with it until I heard someone knocking on the door.

"What do you want?" I asked, narrowing my eyes to the person in front of me, he faced the door with his back and I couldn't really figure out who'd possibly show up in a full black suit without having the intentions of murdering me. "Excuse me, sir, if you murder me, do it quick and painless please, I suffered enough by now."

"I'm not going to murder you," He chuckled, turning around. My eyes widened as I realised Charles was, in fact, the man in the black suit, I blinked a few times and my mouth fell open. He gave me a flower and I thanked him, for so far normal sentences came out of my mouth. "You look beautiful."

"T- thank you," I stuttered, placing the flower in a glass for the short term. If I found a vase or something, it would definitely go in there. "You look very handsome," I chuckled. "H- how? When did you manage to do it?"

"Pierre did actually," He reached out for my hand, I raised a brow, what did Pierre have to do with this? I knew they were friends, but I couldn't imagine Pierre planning Charles' evening. "He and his girlfriend were supposed to land here this morning and he arranged a few things, but their flight got delayed and he couldn't cancel whatever he planned, so he asked if we wanted to take their place."

"That's very sweet of him," I said as we walked downstairs. I couldn't remember the last time I've seen Pierre, years ago probably. "How did it go with the Netflix people? They didn't seem to be too happy about you being late." His eyes widened. "Charles, what did you do?"