13. The unlucky number, or is it?

A/n: please vote and comment throughout to make me feel appreciated! Love you!

Sabrina, Soph, mum and I stayed the night in to watch movies and eat sushi, even though my sister despised the food, she was willing to make that sacrifice. The first movie of the night was, how could it be any different; dirty dancing, not specifically the movie I wanted as it reminded me of the plane, but Soph suggested friends with benefits, which wasn't any better.

Sabrina and I snuggled under a blanket for comfort and she held my hand the entire time. She was literally the only one that could prevent me from collapsing now as she knew what happened there. We've been in touch over the past few weeks and we knew exactly what went on in the others life, just like we never left each other's side. I shouldn't ever do it again, Sabrina was my rock, I really had no idea how to live without this girl. "Bri?" I whispered during the movie. She nodded. "You're the best friend a person can ever wish for and you deserve the absolute best."

She showed a smile and squeezed my hand. "UNO reverse card," she chuckled. "Thank you, you're my best friend as well." Normally I'd say something like; 'I better be' or 'as I should', but I really couldn't handle joking around now. "It's going to be okay, maybe not in the short term, but one day you're going to look back and only think about the memories, are you seriously going to ruin two perfect weeks because of one, uh, minor inconvenience?"

"Yes," I mumbled, focusing on the movie again, it almost ended as the final scene played. Sabrina sighed and shook her head. No comment. I felt Sophia's gaze looking right through me, I was convinced she could read minds, or that she just knew a lot of things. I crossed my arms and ignored her while leaning against Sabrina.

At the end of the movie, I excused myself to my bedroom. I opened my Instagram and saw that Beth already made a post regarding my future in the sport. I should've been happy, but my mind just wasn't in the right place now. She went for a picture of me and the team while having a conversion and a caption that looked like I've written it. Perfect.

daisy_mayfield I'm so excited to start my
@ f1 career with @ sauberf1team. I'm going to give everything I can and do my absolute best. A massive thank you to the people at @ prema_team and obviously the @ ferraridriveracademy, I couldn't have done this without your help. Thanks a lot to everyone that supported me during the past few years. Lots of love, Daisy

I've noticed she posted the same text on my other socials this morning. I wasn't online for the entire day obviously as I got home around 6 pm. Replying to messages I rather did myself, but now I didn't have the time to act all sweet to everyone, just my friends.

Lando posted a picture of us together on the podium in Spa this year, one of the few races where he finished in front, so it wasn't hard to brag about this one, I found it kind of rude he cropped Alex off like that, but it wasn't about him this time.

landonorris @ f1 ready for us? I'm so proud of my best friend to be able to see the back of my McLaren from out of her own car every race. You deserve this @ daisy_mayfield
—> daisy_mayfield thanks mate, but have a little more faith in yourself, I probs won't lap you EVERY race :)
landonorris @daisy_mayfield that wasn't what I meant but okay, I'll keep an eye on you
daisy_mayfield I hope you like the view then, don't answer pls.

Alex posted the exact same photo Lando did, but the not cropped version. He got him back properly, by photoshopping his head on that of Lando, meaning we had two Alexes on the podium instead of one. It made me chuckle, gotta love the banter between my friends. The caption was sort of similar as well, a congrats and the standard 'looking forward to beating you'. I replied with a just as cocky comment, which might've looked like we weren't friends from an outsiders perspective, but we both knew we were just fooling around.